Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Delhi, New York
SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking and engaging Electrical/Mechatronics Faculty member to join the School of Applied Technologies starting Spring of 2019. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty member to teach in both the Mechatronics and Electrical Construction & Instrumentation programs. The position is part of a two-year, associate degree program that prepares graduates for employment as electricians and electrical control technicians. A desirable candidate will have a minimum of five years of industrial experience as a journeyman electrician or industrial controls technician. The successful candidate should possess working knowledge and experience in the following areas: National Electrical Code and associated standards; installation of switches and devices in both residential and commercial/industrial settings; conduit bending and related calculations; installation, programming, and application of programmable logic controllers; electrical theory and how it relates to real world installations; interpretation of one-line, schematic, and wiring diagrams; proper use of electrical testing equipment; and electrical safety practices. Some experience in teaching or working with young adults is also desirable.
The faculty member will be expected to perform well in both a lecture setting and in the electrical laboratories. Besides classroom and lab instruction, this faculty member will also serve as an academic advisor, participate in student clubs and their projects, serve on campus committees, and seek other forms of collegiate involvement.
- Participate in annual systematic assessment of program
- Participate in analyzing data and makes recommendations for curriculum and programmatic revisions where necessary
- Provide evidence-based instruction in accordance with the policies set forth by the College
- Post and keep regular office hours for the convenience of students
- Participate in the assessment of course, student learning, and program outcomes
- Incorporate student service learning opportunities
- Assist in advisement of students
- Guide and counsel students toward personal and career development
- Track student’s completion of progression requirements
Academic & Organization Commitment
- Serve on campus committees
- Mentor Adjunct Faculty
- Special Projects
- Participate in faculty meetings
- Participate in accreditation reviews and reports
- Engage in the academic and organizational life of the college
- Pursue scholarly interest
SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
- Associate’s degree and five years of industrial experience as a journeyman electrician for an Instructor appointment
- Bachelor’s degree required for appointment as Assistant Professor appointment
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record by time of appointment
- Broad based and current knowledge of electrical instrumentation and controls as well as electrical construction and maintenance; teaching experience
- Salary $45,000 – $52,000 (depending on credentials)
- This is a 10-month academic year, tenure track position
- This position offers full New York State UUP (PT), benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
For full consideration please apply by 11/16/2018
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/zrw2ck88gq5y2j2h