Field Service Supervisor
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
We are seeking a Service Supervisor who will work with and supervise Field Service Representatives/Technicians and others in the provision of competent, high quality installation and maintenance services to customers. They will also be responsible for meeting overall revenue, expense, and profit goals set for the region; providing customer quotations; producing reports; and reporting all activities.
Essential Job Duties include but not limited to
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and clean work environment. Report all injuries or incidents involving subordinates.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
- Identify target end user accounts, and sell service programs.
- Customer relations and resolution of customer issues.
- Develop plans for efficient use of materials, equipment, and employees.
- Direct management of Service employees including, but not limited to: training, performance reviews, recognitions, goal setting, and salary administration.
- Oversight of physical plant and service vehicles.
- Inventory control.
- Diagnosis and repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of customer service experience in field support.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
- Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to solve simple equations.
- Able to operate a cell phone.
- A solid mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after hour service calls when required.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- Ability to operator a forklift.
- Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Able and willing to do overnight travel when required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Advanced electrical and mechanical understanding.
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
- Experience with ERP/SAP systems a plus.
- Able to make decisions to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic chemicals including lead products and fiberglass products. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate and occasionally may be loud. Employees working in this position are tested periodically throughout the year for the level of lead in their blood.