Field Service Technician -Precision Optics
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Seeking a full time Field Service Technician in the Midwest or Southeast region of the U.S. Must live in proximity near a major airport. We are seeking technical professionals who have a balanced mechanical and electrical aptitude with 2-3 years of previous CNC machinery experience. The health and safety of Satisloh employees continue to be our top priority, and we have implemented numerous changes to our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Who are we?
Satisloh North America is one of the leading machine manufacturers for ophthalmic and precision optics manufacturing as well as for reliable high-tech equipment. Satisloh provides customized cutting edge solutions and a large variety of surfacing, centering, polishing, coating and finishing equipment, consumables & tools, and services support.
What we offer you:
• Competitive insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision program, life insurance, STD and LTD.
• Advancement opportunities available.
• 401(k) with company match.
* Annual Profit Sharing bonus
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Generous paid time off.
• Tuition reimbursement.
Working from your home office you will take care of precision optical customers in North America. The ideal candidate maintains normal travel schedule which involves approximately 70% travel to customers and 30% office, phone support, trade shows, training and internal meetings.
• Installs repairs and performs maintenance on all Precision Optics & CNC machinery.
• Possesses ability to read and interpret electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
• Provides technical support to customers via travel and telephone support.
• Assists customer service and shipping/receiving with part identification.
• Provides prompt and accurate technical support via customer service phone calls, team viewer or other technologies.
• Addresses customer issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains ongoing contact with Precision Optics Manager to discuss scheduling, service issues or provide reports upon request.
• Provides manuals and other documentation to customers upon request.
• Attends trade shows and exhibitions for set up/breakdowns.
• Attends product and operations training in Wetzlar, Germany and Switzerland when travel is lifted from current restrictions.
• Prepares customer trip and call reports.
• Updates and maintains customer database.
• Prepare Service Work Orders for all customers’ visits.
High School Diploma required, preferred Technical Degree (two or four year college) or Armed Forces Electronics Training, a plus
• Excel at communication (verbal and written), have sound judgment and decision making skills and possess the ability to think under pressure, take action and facilitate customer solutions.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Mail, and Internet)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75-100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Satisloh North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.