Field Service Technician
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Miami, North Carolina
With general direction and supervision, this position provides effective customer service and field support to clients by performing routine and moderately complex activities to install, repair, upgrade, test and maintain cash automation equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install cash automation equipment and parts when necessary.
- Upgrade cash automation software and hardware when necessary
- Diagnose system complications and perform repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance to cash automation equipment on regular basis
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work full-time (at least 40 hours per week)
- Ability to maintain a reliable means of transportation with valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to effectively communicate through Microsoft Outlook and other various technological platforms used by QDS.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Customers and QDS employees.
- Ability to provide superior customer service
- Ability to read, interpret and follow diagrams and manuals.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet customers’ demands
- Ability to maintain technical competencies of product lines that are supported
- Ability to work independently in a detail and deadline sensitive environment
- Ability to work weekends and/or holidays in rotation (not a requirement of the position)
- High school Diploma Required
- Associates degree preferred
- Experience required working in the field of cash automation industry
- NCR Certification preferred, but not required
- OEM ATM certification desirable
- Ability to pass a background check and initial and random drug screenings
- 401k with company match
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Paid Service Day to volunteer with the charity of your choice
- Affordable Medical Insurance
- Paid Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability and Group Life
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Opportunity for Profit Share bonus
- Company provided laptop
- Team Lionheart Ministry (a team dedicated to giving back to the community)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Quality Data Systems, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and the individuals qualification without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.