Financial Management Analyst
Job category: Financial
Job Type: Full Time
Warner Robins, Georgia
JOB TITLE: Financial Management Analyst
- The individual will support a large team providing multi-disciplinary support to a government system acquisition program management office.
- Duties will include developing, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on financial and operating plans including budgets and schedules to meet project requirements.
- Will work with government personnel to monitor and report on performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
- May assist government during preparation, processing and tracking of funding documents commitments, de-commitments, obligations, de-obligations, expenditures, liquidations, and disbursements.
- This position will be assigned at government offices at Warner Robins, GA.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing financial management support services to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of acquisition services in support of the customers mission. Services include some or all of the following:
- Formulate and implement operational and financial management strategies leveraging knowledge of generally accepted USAF accounting systems, software, and associated hardware
- Plan and organize work; compile, and analyze budget and accounting reports; monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met
- Attend meetings and program reviews to support engineering, programmatic, financial, and milestone reviews
- Interpret and explain policy, laws, regulations and procedures of governing public sector financial management and federal government policy to those without a financial background
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Clearance
- Level I Financial Management Certified
- At least 7 years related financial management experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Knowledge of the policies, precedents, goals, objectives, regulations, and guidelines of a functional area such as financial oversight, budget formulation, and/or budget execution
- Knowledge of acquisition statues, regulations, and procedures; acquisition planning; a wide variety of contracting methods and contract types; negotiation techniques; and private business practices and market conditions
- Ability to analyze and evaluate continual changes in program plans and funding and their effect on financial and budget program milestones
- Ability to develop, recommend, and implement budgetary and financial policies
- Knowledge of information technology software and hardware sufficient to analyze financial activities and develop and charts functional logic for new and revised automated financial management systems and presents financial management needs to information technology specialists
- Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze data to prepare budget estimates, develop alternatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget/funding problems
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products; mastery of MS Excel
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Level II Financial Management Certified
- 15 years related financial management experience, 5 of those years of experience supporting a major weapon system Program Office *within an AFLCMC (or predecessor) Product Center, AFSPC SMC, or similar US Army/US Navy Program Office.
- Ability to substantively contribute to the writing of a Cost Analysis Requirements Description, and Life Cycle Sustainment Plan
- Prior experience with Earned Value Management Systems
- Extensive understanding of budgetary laws, regulations, methods, practices, and procedures in order to formulate, justify, and execute assigned budget to support the mission, structure, goals, work process and programs of support activities/organizations
- Skill in advising other financial or budget experts throughout the agency and/or other agencies on issues that involve applying or tailoring methods and procedures developed by the employee to a variety of situations
- Considerable skill regarding interpersonal relationship
WORK LOCATION: Robins AFB, GA
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.