Human Resources Coordinator
Job category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
We’re a leading global fitness company seeking a talented, passionate human resources coordinator to join our HR team in Cottage Grove, WI. Under the direction of the senior director of human resources, the HR coordinator will have responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruitment, onboarding, benefits administration, safety reporting, scheduling training programs, responding to employee questions regarding company policies, immigration and visa documentation, and special projects.
In this fast-paced role, no two days are ever alike and the combination of answering inquiries and processing transactions can change with the needs of the departments. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can change focus in an instant and prioritize multiple work requests while remaining positive and upbeat. You’ll join a knowledgeable, flexible and enjoyable HR team that works closely together on all aspects of HR. We believe in truly caring for our employees, treating them as our customers and as humans. You will especially work closely with our managers on recruitment needs as well as onboarding new employees.
This is non-supervisory position.
May be responsible for, or provide assistance and support, to all HR team members including the following functions:
Staffing and Onboarding:
- Coordinate the recruitment process, to include placing job postings, tracking applicants, screening, conducting interviews, background checks, reference checks, and preparing employment offer packages
- Facilitates new employee orientation and onboarding programs
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of all required new employee forms and its entry into the human resource information system (HRIS)
- Assist management in creating job descriptions
- Compiles recruitment analytics
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accident/incident reports and submit to Workers Comp insurance as needed
- Maintain the OSHA log and OSHA reporting and maintain all injury files accurately
- Assist with maintaining employee safety handbook and coordination of safety training for staff as needed
Other HR Responsibilities:
- Answer employee questions regarding company policies, procedures and benefit programs.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Assists with benefit open enrollment administration
- Participates in association wage surveys
- Assists with headcount tracking reporting and organizational chart updates
- Schedules employee training programs such as harassment policy training
- Assists with records of employee changes such as departmental transfers and terminations in the HRIS systems.
Other Job Functions:
- Backup to Admin Assistant for updates to company intranet site as needed
- Assists with planning and coordinating employee events at all of the company locations
- May assist company wellness coordinator with programs for employees
- Other projects as required
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with a preferred minimum of one year of related HR experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Human Resources
- Preference for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Familiar with Visio, Paylocity or other HRIS systems, social media platforms preferred
- Possesses a basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, procedures and employment regulations in the field of human resources
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
- Unwavering attention to detail and commitment to world-class quality
- Ability to embrace deadlines
- Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts
- Requires the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs