Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Industrial Engineer
The project is for three phases of performance improvement – diagnostic, implementation and sustainment services for the Navy Medicine Emergency Departments through quantitatively and qualitatively defining the current state and recommend a future state of operations and implement future state recommendations. The work includes mathematical modeling and data systems analysis, software development to develop dashboards and decision support tools. The work is performed worldwide.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Industrial Engineer will conduct quality and improvement activities for Navy Medicine emergency departments to improve safety, quality, productivity, lead time/ delivery, customer satisfaction and lower costs
- Conduct current state and future state analysis/ process mapping and create implementation plan with future state recommendations
- Perform volume and utilization analysis, patient demand analysis, and resource allocation and utilization analysis using statistical analysis and calculations
- Assist in development of key performance indicators, including definitions and methods of collection
- Assist in development of detailed implementation plan including recommendations, proposed activities, required resources and timelines
- Assist in development of change management and communications plans.
- Execute pilots and implementation, and perform validation studies
- Conduct project handoff and sustainment planning and activities
- Schedule meetings, collect data and produce and conduct presentations
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Bachelor of Science degree industrial engineering discipline
- Quality improvement training and experience
- Must have active Secret Clearance and/or current NACLC and ability to get CAC card
- Working knowledge of process and value stream mapping
- Ability to work at all levels of an organization
- Ability to travel 50% of time, including international travel
- Ability to conduct data systems and mathematical modeling analysis
- Ability to collect and analyze data from multiple data repositories
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Navy medicine, emergency department or other medical discipline experience
- Dashboard experience
- Tableau or Qlikview experience
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.