Information Technology (IT) Acquisition Management Specialist – DHS
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Washington DC Area, District of Columbia
JOB TITLE: Information Technology (IT) Acquisition Management Specialist – DHS
Part of a team that supports compliance with Clinger-Cohen Act and Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) requirements for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) component office and programs; maintaining an enterprise-wide IT investment management framework that ensures IT investments are aligned with the DHS mission; and the conduct of IT acquisition oversight through program management reviews and design reviews. Services provided encompass all areas of IT policy and planning including, but not limited to, capital planning, strategic planning, enterprise architecture, data management, information security, enterprise resource management, business process re-engineering, organizational change management, program management support, full range of systems engineering activities related to IT systems development, test, implementation, and deployment, and general office support. The objective is to support business processes and projects to meet Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Acquisition Management and Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) requirements and facilitate leadership oversight of IT investments to ensure they are aligned with the agency mission and measure performance in a meaningful way to produce improved results across the enterprise.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individual will provide Pre-Award procurement support (planning, requirements gathering, development), Source Selection/Award, Contract Administration (implementation and execution of IT acquisitions and deployment and management of complex IT systems). Individual will provide a full range of program management, acquisition management and contract management in support of our federal clients and corporate initiatives. Support responsibilities include:
- Development of Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Work Statements (PWS) and Statements of Objectives (SOO).
- Provide guidance and develop requirement documents, to include but not limited Acquisition Plan (AP) and strategy documents, market research/analysis/report and Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE).
- Assist with preparation of all the associated procurement documentation required in a complete procurement package including Information Technology Acquisition Review (ITAR) and Balanced Workforce Assessment Tool (BWAT).
- Provide quality assurance reviews of all acquisition related documentation drafted to ensure compliance and completion in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation (HSAR), Homeland Security Acquisition Manual (HSAM), Department of Homeland Security (DHS)Management Directives, policies and procedures.
- Interface with and provide presentations to DHS senior level management, working daily with Program Managers (PM), Contract Specialists (CS), Contracting Officers (CO), and Contracting Officers Representatives (CORs).
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of acquisition related information and develop critical business process improvement and financial cost saving recommendations
- Provide recommendations and programmatic advice regarding the application of acquisition law and regulations that impact the mission.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 5 years of experience preparing procurement and contracting document in support of complex IT system acquisitions
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- DAWIA Contracting Certification Level II or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level II Certification
- Demonstrated strong written and oral technical communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working as a contract specialist or contracting officer
- Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM) Certification or Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) Certification
- DAWIA Contracting Certification Level III or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level III Certification
- Knowledge and understanding of the DHS Homeland Security Acquisition Manual (HSAM)
- Knowledge and understanding of DHS acquisition policy and processes as identified in DHS AD 102-01
- Advanced Degree in business, accounting or related field from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of the DHS organization
WORK LOCATION: Washington DC
KEY WORDS: Information technology, IT system acquisition, Contracting
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.