Information Technology (IT) Service Management Specialist – DHS
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Washington DC Area, District of Columbia
JOB TITLE: Information Technology (IT) Service Management Specialist – DHS
Part of a team that supports compliance with Clinger-Cohen Act and Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) requirements for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) component office and programs; maintaining an enterprise-wide IT investment management framework that ensures IT investments are aligned with the DHS mission; and the conduct of IT acquisition oversight through program management reviews and design reviews. Services provided encompass all areas of IT policy and planning including, but not limited to, capital planning, strategic planning, enterprise architecture, data management, information security, enterprise resource management, business process re-engineering, organizational change management, program management support, full range of systems engineering activities related to IT systems development, test, implementation, and deployment, and general office support. The objective is to support business processes and projects to meet Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Acquisition Management and Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) requirements and facilitate leadership oversight of IT investments to ensure they are aligned with the agency mission and measure performance in a meaningful way to produce improved results across the enterprise.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include development and implementation of Service Management policies, processes, procedures, and methods in accordance with of ITIL V3 best practices and providing technical expertise to support establishing an IT Operations Center. Activities include developing, integrating, implementing, and documenting ITIL V3 Service Management processes to include:
- Service Strategy (defining the services that should be offered, identifying organizational structure for providing the services, and determining how service performance will be measured);
- Service Design (Developing a Service Catalog, defining the skills and competencies required to provide the services, and defining the tools to provide the services),
- Service Transition (Establishing a formal policy and common framework for implementation of services and recommending organizational changes necessary to implement a Service Model), and
- Service Operation (Develop processes for Incident management, Request fulfillment, Problem management, Access management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Help Desk (TIER I, II, and III), and Performance Management).
- Providing IT subject matter expertise through a broad range of management consulting activities to help our clients maximize value from their IT investments and maintain security controls
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET Clearance
- Bachelors Degree in information Technology, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- At least 5 years of experience in the development, integration, documentation, and implementation of ITIL V3 IT Service Management (ITSM) processes
- Experience using Service Now and Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM) tools to implement ITSM process to include service request management, incident management, change management, release management, problem management, knowledge management, asset management, event management, service mapping, discovery capability, service level management, service catalog management, CMDB administration, and reporting and performance analytics
- Experience using Service Now tools to implement IT dashboards and automated process workflows
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge and understanding of the DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) process as identified in DHS AD 102-01
- Knowledge and understanding of DHS acquisition policy and processes as identified in DHS AD 102-01
- Knowledge of the DHS organization
- ITIL V3 Certification
- Service Now Certified Implementation Specialist Certification
- Microsoft System Center Service Manager Certification
- PMP Certification
WORK LOCATION: Washington DC
KEY WORDS: Information Technology, IT Service Management, Service Now Microsoft System Center Service Manager (SCSM)
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.