Instructional Support Associate Educational Technologist
Job category: Education
Job Type: Full Time
Saratoga Springs, New York
Instructional Support Associate – Educational Technologist
About Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 47-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students’ diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 84,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 20,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) seeks an Educational Technologist (State title: Instructional Support Associate) to support faculty, staff, and students in use of technology to enhance college-wide learning. The college serves adult learners across a variety of learning modes including online and blended learning, competency-based learning, and other innovative modalities.
This position collaborates with faculty, instructional designers, and technology administrators in the process of designing, delivering, and improving online instruction through the integration of pedagogically-sound models and educational and emerging technologies and tools, giving special attention to compliance with accessibility and universal design principles.
- Provide direct support and consultation to faculty, staff and students using technology for teaching and learning.
- In conjunction with Educational Technologies team, develop outreach strategy to encourage faculty across the college to utilize educational technology in their teaching and mentoring.
- Maintain current knowledge of new and emerging technologies and their application to the SUNY Empire State College environments.
- Perform regular research and experimentation on emerging technologies and their possible application at SUNY Empire State College.
- Design and conduct presentations, workshops, discussions, and other meetings as appropriate in the areas of educational and emerging technologies.
- Consistently demonstrate best practices in use of technology in education.
- Work collaboratively with the ET team and other college staff to provide college-wide development, training, technical support, written materials and web-based tutorials in support of use of educational technologies.
- Collaborate with faculty to create technology-mediated learning experiences and to integrate a variety of ITS-supported technologies, including audio, video, web 2.0/3.0 tools, and re-useable learning objects within learning environments.
- Master’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience working in education/higher education settings with significant experience in instructional/educational technology or instruction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Interest and willingness to explore new educational technology tools and uses of technology to support learning
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Master’s degree in instructional/educational technology, education, or related field
- Advanced knowledge of learning theory, pedagogy and/or andragogy
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Knowledge of universal design and accessibility practices
- Experience with design and production of open educational resources (OER), multimedia, web, and/or video content.
- Experience with coordinating/managing training, professional development, or educational technology projects
- Understanding of the ITIL/ITSM framework and the various stages in the service lifecycle
- May involve occasional travel
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position
- Occasional night or weekend hours may be required
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT https://www.esc.edu/safety-security