Interactive Designer / Front End Developer – Remote
Job category: Web, Computers and IT
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Horizon Fitness / North America Ecommerce team is a rapidly expanding team of fitness professionals. Under the direction of the Senior Web Developer, the Interactive Designer/Front End will be responsible for building our awareness and reputation in various digital and traditional channels in accordance with company policies and procedures. This is a non-supervisory position with the ability to work remotely.
Ecommerce is ever changing. The right person will be flexible, ready to learn, and able to help in various different capacities on the team.
• Work with lead developer to build interactive pages and features across all websites
• Work closely with merchandiser to build out product descriptions, pages, templates, and other high converting material
• Ecommerce Sites
• Build product page templates and product stores
• Create dynamic ways for customers to interact with products and features
• Integrating in real time inventory and features to facility better instore traffic
• Integrating and building out new chat experiences
• Supporting the blog and content strategy on all sites; building pages, templates, integrations across all sites
• Building out promotional pages to support each of the upcoming promotional periods.
Merchandiser (Digital and Retail)
• Works closely with User Experience and brand team to develop pages and online experiences that assist with in store sales
• Supports the online and instore POP creative
• Works with store associates to find most valuable selling points and building POP and online assets to help drive conversion
• Builds out all online brand and product pages
• Interacts with the non-JHT brands to gain assets, product descriptions, and promotional material
• Sets up and manages email marketing campaigns
• Works with brand to help build out promotional assets, pages, and messaging on digital and retail presence.
Other projects as needed
• Minimum of four-year degree computer science, information systems or related field OR equivalent experience.
• 5+ years web development experience
• 3+ years of CSS/Java Script/HTML experience
• 3+ implementing front end design based on wireframes or user stories
• 2+ years experience with e-commerce websites
• Experience writing custom web application and software required
• Familiar with Magento (1.9 and 2.0 versions)
• Strong HTML, JS and CSS developer
• Experience with Magento templates (1.9 and 2)
• In-depth knowledge of responsive design and development
• Ability to use Git for version control
• Experience with the Vue and Tailwind JS/CSS frameworks a plus.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
• Unwavering attention to detail and commitment to world-class quality
• Ability to embrace deadlines
• Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off benefits
• Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
• Product discounts
• Wellness programs