International Business Systems Integration Engineer – Global Hawk
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: International Business Systems Integration Engineer Global Hawk
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Air Force Program Executive Officer for ISR & SOF (AFLCMC/WI) has the collective Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) mission responsibility for equipping ISR & SOF warfighters to dominate the battlespace. In order to meet current and projected workload requirements in support of AFLCMC/WI, the Government must augment its organic (military and civil service) capabilities within the Global Hawk Division (AFLCMC/WIG) with Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) support.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with customers, the programs prime contractor, other AFMC centers and program offices, USN, SAF/OSD, NSA, and other organizations as required to support resolution of technical issues, and to conduct engineering management
- Review programs prime contractor deliverables to assess quality and identify technical issues and discrepancies
- Assist in developing and maintaining export compliance plans
- Apply an understanding of UAV and ground segment architectures, radars, communications, and support equipment to support identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring resolution of schedule and technical risks
- Apply an understanding of Global Hawk architectures, Global Hawk radars, Global Hawk communications, and USN TRITON communications to assess quality of international weapon system prime contractor work products, evaluate the technical needs, monitor hardware and software integrity, and to determine subsequent requirements associated with planned and conceptual changes to the airborne, ground station, and maintenance systems.
- Assist with continual assessment of the contractors engineering efforts as they relate to overall program schedule, performance progress, and resolution of the technical problems.
- Assess the effectiveness and viability of the programs prime contractor-developed engineering designs to resolve exportability issues
- Monitor engineering and configuration change activity on the USG program for applicability to the international Global Hawk weapon system and maintaining the approved key management plan coordinating any necessary changes that may occur over the program lifecycle
- Coordinate with the programs prime contractor and international customer to ensure flight test reports fully and adequately document the test results
- Support analysis of design trade-offs within limitations imposed by cost, priorities, schedules and other related program activities, and assess program requirements for reliability, maintainability, quality assurance, manufacturing, support equipment, spare parts, and configuration control
- Examine new technologies, developments, and concepts to assess their application to the international Global Hawk weapon system
- Apply an understanding of ISR UAV information assurance (IA) processes and activities to develop action plans, assist in IMP/IMS development, assess risks, and resolve issues
- Apply an understanding of Authority to Operate/Authority to Test to assist with developing schedules, identifying risks, preparing and coordinating documentation, developing test requirements, and obtaining the necessary approvals in order to test and deliver the Global Hawk system to the international customer
- Apply an understanding of AWC processes for UAVs to assist with developing schedules, identifying risks, preparing and coordinating documentation, developing test requirements, and obtaining the necessary approvals in order to test and deliver the Global Hawk system to the international customer
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Must have a minimum ten (10) years experience in functional area.
- In addition to this experience requirement, candidate shall possess a Masters degree in a field relevant to their functional area.
- Eight (8) years of additional work experience may be substituted for a Masters degree; OR,
- Four (4) years of additional work experience plus a Bachelors degree may be substituted for a Masters degree.
- At a minimum, at least five years of any Seniors experience must have been performed on DoD programs/projects
- Must possess a US Collateral Secret security clearance, NATO Secret clearances, and a valid USG passport, and be able to travel to CONUS or OCONUS locations as needed to support engineering tasks
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate degree in related field
- Foreign Military Sales (FMS) experience
- Experience with remotely piloted air vehicles
- Major Defense Acquisition Program experience
- Air Force program office experience
WORK LOCATION: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
KEY WORDS: FMS, UAVs, RPVs, Global Hawk, Predator, Reaper, EQ/RQ-4, Triton, ASAA (Airborne Sense and Avoid), CNS, ATM
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.