IT Customer & Application Support Analyst
Job category: Web, Computers and IT
Job Type: Full Time
The University of Pittsburgh Computing Services and Systems Development (CSSD) is seeking a Customer and Application Support Analyst that will have responsibility for the support of computing devices and enterprise applications throughout the University.
This is a technical position and duties include the following:
– Resolving customer questions and problems that are passed from the Help Desk, Service Owners, or directly from customers
– Supporting enterprise applications,
– Providing feedback to Service Owners concerning desired features, common issues and opportunities for improvement
– Prompt completion of project tasks
– Assisting with enterprise application testing
– Working with vendors to resolve customer application issues
– Supporting mobile devices and remote desktops
– Providing mobile and wireless support for events
– Assisting with enterprise migrations and implementation of new enterprise services
– Supporting staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
– Providing support over the phone, through email, and in person onsite
Technical requirements include: knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products to include Microsoft Exchange; a technical desktop (Windows and Mac) and mobile device (iOS and Android) expertise; ability to clearly and accurately document technical solutions; and experience in a technical call center/service ticket driven environment. Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must. Associates degree in CS, IS or a related field (or equivalent in experience), 2 or more years of experience in the IT field, and IT customer support experience preferred.
The successful candidate must provide exceptional customer service, be willing to assist peers while facilitating the success of the Customer and Application Support team. Must have a demonstrated track record of achieving stated goals. Excellent professional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required. The ability to handle multiple priorities and react to immediate problems and tight deadlines is essential. Complete accuracy in writing is crucial.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Candidates with an Associate Degree and 6 years of technical experience will be considered. Experience with digital signage, cloud storage, Enterprise Exchange, and working with 3rd party vendors to resolve complex issues is beneficial. Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience is required to meet the technical demands of this position.