IT Systems Administrator
Job category: Web, Computers and IT
Job Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Senior Director of IT, the IT Systems Administrator will oversee the management and administration of the systems, servers, networks and end points within the organization. Duties will include providing ongoing support to all IT systems, providing, implementing IT best practices within the organization while supporting the IT help desk and IT help desk team. This position includes supervisory responsibilities.
- Manage and administer IT Servers and IT Systems
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery options
- Administer and configure messaging environment (Exchange)
- Proactively monitor infrastructure environment and provide remediation for existing or potentials issues.
- Lead IT help desk operations for end user support
- On call duties to ensure 24/7 data center operation
- Keep up with technological trends and continuous improvement of overall system management and support
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and controlling.
- Responsible for staffing, terminations, disciplinary actions, training, and developing subordinates
- Responsible for completing adequate performance documentation on time.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3+ year’s relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server Administration (Windows)
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, group policies design and implementation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Advanced knowledge of network administration with an emphasis on network security including routers, switches, VLANs, firewalls, VPN, wireless; Cisco / Meraki preferred
- Working knowledge in VMWare ESXi, virtualization, backup, recovery and clustering
- Working knowledge administering and configuring storage technology (SAN)
- Proven abilities in administration of backup systems and disaster recovery plans
- Experience Microsoft SQL administration a plus
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
- Unwavering attention to detail and commitment to world-class quality
- Ability to embrace deadlines
- Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs