Job category: Web, Computers and IT
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Traverse City, Michigan
$500.00 signing bonus at 90 days
Job Title: Information Technology Technician
Reports to: IT Supervisor
Position type/ expected hours: Full-Time
Shift: M-F 1st
Under the direction of the IT Supervisor, the purpose of this job is to install, upgrade and maintain the PC hardware and software necessary to support all users at Century Inc., including the plant floor environment.
1. Maintain PC software for all Century Inc. users. Develop a standard software suite where possible. Promote software consistency in the desktop environment.
2. Install and maintain all Desktop Computers and Peripheral equipment. This includes new users, relocations, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, repairs and general troubleshooting.
3. Data Security: Responsible for overseeing the daily server backups are up to date and complete successfully. Promote and maintain standard file storage methodologies for all client data.
4. License Management: Work with the IT Supervisor to define a standard desktop software configuration that supports centralized license management. Do not install unlicensed software. If you suspect that another individual has installed illegal software, immediately notify the IT Supervisor.
5. Compliance: Have in-depth knowledge of all IT policies and procedures, to ensure compliance and report any non-compliance to the IT Supervisor.
6. Assist with server/network support for general troubleshooting and administration as required.
7. Assist in the improvement of IT Processes, such as the desktop staging, PC deployment schedule, online forms, etc.
8. Assist in end user training and implementation of new hardware and software.
9. Assist the Information Technology manager in completing other IT projects as required
1. Requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of computer hardware and peripheral devices.
2. Requires knowledge of MS Network fundamentals, and practical troubleshooting.
3. Ability to independently repair and replace all components of computer equipment.
4. Ability to independently install and maintain all desktop applications.
5. Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Windows Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, MS SQL, Crystal report writer, SSRS and MS Office Suite.
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills, both with technical and non-technical members.
7. Ability to independently solve problems.
8. Ability to be a team player, with goals in line with the overall IT Strategy.
9. Ability to work under critical time deadlines, pressure, and restricted working spaces.