Sustaining Software Engineer
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Software Manager, the Sustaining Software Engineer is a key member of the Research & Development (R&D) team, that supports existing products through troubleshooting, research, communication and programming in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include gathering and organizing reported issues from the field, and playing an integral part in resolving any issues that arise.
- Communicate with product stake holders including tech support, quality and product managers.
- Troubleshoot field issues related to software and hardware.
- Research and present solutions.
- Create/edit documentation for multiple audiences.
- Implement or recommend code changes to R&D engineers.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or other Science / Technical Engineering preferred.
- 8 years of object-oriented programming in a language such as C++, C# or Java.
- 5 years writing or editing technical documentation.
- 5 years or project sustaining or inheritance.
- *Time needed to achieve this level can vary and be dependent on other factors.
- Occasional business trips to Taiwan and China will be required.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/jtkzwdk5y5w8nsth