Junior Electrical Engineer – ICBM
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Hill AFB, Utah
JOB TITLE: Junior Electrical Engineer – ICBM
This position is contingent upon contract award
The project provides support to the Airborne Launch Control System Replacement (ALCS-R) Program which is part of the Intercontinental Ballistic Systems Directorate (ICBMSD), responsible for the development, deployment, maintenance and sustainment of the ICBM Force. The ACAT II ALCS-R program will completely replace the legacy ALCS system. This effort will take the ALCS-R program through the remainder of the Technology Maturation & Risk Reduction (TMRR) Phase through Milestone B.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct support to the ICBMSD ALCS-R Program Managers (PMs) and Program Engineers who have the responsibility as the system integrator over the acquisition lifecycle.
- Support acquisition planning and execution of pre-system acquisition and acquisition phase program activities that are consistent with DoD 5000 series directives.
- Support joint DoD-DOE Nuclear weapon life-cycle activities.
- Assist and advise in analysis, planning, and reporting of any capability gaps or mission enhancements that may be mitigated/enhanced through materiel solutions.
- Assist in writing and reviewing technical acquisition documents and contractor deliverables.
- Support ALCS-R developmental and operational tests.
- Assist and support the identification of ALCS-R System Integration Laboratory (SIL) requirements and oversee the SIL design and build.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Bachelors Degree in engineering.
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, and background investigation current within the past 6 years
- Experience in defense acquisition program management related to weapon systems acquisition and life-cycle management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the system equipment life-cycle phases and the documentation, analyses, and reviews associated with those phases.
- Working knowledge of traditional engineering software (to include, but not limited to Solid Works 3D CAD, Cameo Systems Modeler, Primavera)
- Proficiency in in Microsoft Office products, specifically, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the development, test, production or sustainment of a major DOD weapon system, ICBM preferable.
- Familiar with the DoD 5000 acquisition series Directives and Instructions, Federal and DoD acquisition regulations (e.g. Better Buying Power 3.0).
- Experience directly managing developmental test, operational test, and test facilities
WORK LOCATION: Hill AFB, UT
KEY WORDS: DoD, engineering management, missile systems, clearance level, defense acquisition, weapon systems acquisition and life-cycle management, 5000 acquisition series, system acquisition, development, production, deployment, sustainment, systems, subsystems, equipment, system equipment life cycle.
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.