Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Director of Transportation, serves as the working leader of the transportation mechanic garage; plans, oversees and performs a variety of automotive repair, and automotive maintenance work at the expert level; responsible for administrative tasks to ensure the District’s school bus and white fleet vehicles are properly maintained and repaired; prioritizes, plans, and leads the work of assigned mechanics and other garage personnel.
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• Heavy Equipment Program Certification preferred;
• Compressed Natural Gas Inspection Certification preferred.
• Five (5) years of recent progressively responsible and varied journey level experience in the repair and maintenance of automotive equipment (preferably involving repairs to heavy duty equipment such as diesel trucks and buses), including supervising or leading other skilled mechanics;
• Experience with electronic work orders and mileage tracking preferred;
• Familiarity with compressed natural gas and propane as well as gasoline and diesel engines and their respective maintenance requirements preferred.
• Valid and appropriate California Class A or B Commercial driver license including air brake certification with Passenger “P” endorsement and “Restricted School Bus “S” Endorsement”.
• California Special Driver Certificate valid for school busses.
• Current California Highway Patrol approved First Aid Card (if required on Special Certificate)
• Certification of successfully passing a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical examination.