Job category: Education
Job Type: Full Time
Delhi, New York
The State University of New York, College of Technology at Delhi is seeking a Lead Programmer/Analyst. This position will be a vital member of SUNY Delhi’s CIS Enterprise Systems team that provides service and support to assist the campus achieve its goals.
The Lead Programmer/Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of developing, programming, testing and implementing applications to support Ellucian Banner and other campus enterprise systems. The Lead Programmer/Analyst will develop reports using database reporting tools. They will work closely with various technical and functional departments, analyzing user needs and developing solutions to meet the users’ requirements. The successful candidate will have advanced communication skills, as well as the ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions. They will need to be able to develop documentation and develop and provide user training.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Design, develop, modify, test, debug, and document complex computer based software and programs, reports and procedures.
- Serve as department liaison and provide on-going support to functional departments.
- Analyze user application and programming requests and develop and recommend solutions.
- Conduct training sessions for new and existing users.
- Respond directly to Help Desk requests for service.
- Integration support of external systems and Ellucian Banner.
- Recommend changes/enhancements that improve program performance and/or application processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience working with end-users to develop and document business requirements, as well as developing solutions for software applications and systems
- Coursework or experience with SQL-based languages
- Coursework or experience with both procedural and object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated experience writing technical specifications
- Ability and motivation to stay current on and learn technology related to the position
- Experience working on multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Ability to build consensus among diverse constituencies regarding complex technology tools
- Experience with Ellucian Banner and Banner Self-Service or other Oracle databases
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner database, schema and tables
- Experience developing and supporting SQL queries
- Experience using PL/SQL and various enterprise level applications and programming languages
- Experience developing web based reports using ARGOS or equivalent reporting tool
- Experience working in Higher Education
- This is a full-time, 12 month, SL3 position with a salary range of $44,530 – $52,000 DOE
- Budget Title: Lead Programmer Analyst
- Reports to: Manager of Enterprise Systems
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday days, occasional evening and weekend shifts and occasional multi-day travel
- This position offers full New York State UUP (FT), benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security Report (ASR) for SUNY Delhi by contacting the University Police Department. The ASR contains information on campus security policies and certain campus crime statistics. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the ASR by contacting the SUNY Delhi University Police Department at 607-746-4700.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
FOR FULL CONSIDERATION PLEASE APPLY BY: Sept. 17, 2018
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer