Low Voltage Technician
Job category: Electrical
Job Type: Full Time
St. Peters, Missouri
This is a great opportunity to start a career in low voltage for anyone who has a passion for anything technical or mechanical, enjoys working with their hands, is a natural with using tools, and enjoys being part of a straight-shooting, direct communication team. Prior experience in low voltage is not required but an ability and desire to learn the job, follow directions, and take direct feedback is a must. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with NEC Standards and electrical codes, and demonstrate good problem solving and decision-making skills. This position requires a high level of physical activity including running cables, moving equipment, climbing ladders, and the on-your-feet labor of installing systems.
RDNSI specializes in installing and maintaining computer networks, servers, security systems and cameras, phone lines, and access controls. The company has clients across the country, some of which are large corporations. Each member of the team must ensure that the work completed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the customer.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Setting up networks, servers, cameras, phones, and access controls
- Installing conduit
- Installing and pulling network lines
- Picking up, delivering, carrying heavy equipment and tools to various client sites
- Testing and inspecting installed systems and troubleshooting to resolve any issues
- Maintain and submit all paperwork and other documentation on time
- Respond to repair calls
- Read blueprints to determine how to best install the components and wiring
- An ability and willingness to travel is required for this position. Travel will be intermittent as needed to other client sites out of town or out of state. All travel, lodging and meal expenses are covered.
- Ability to work with mechanical tools and equipment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, installation designs, and system instructions
- Should have a general working knowledge of test equipment such as: multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, camera test tools, and communicating devices.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to be on your feet all day, reach, stretch, and lift and carry 60 pounds
- You must be willing to work on ladders and lifts at heights up to 40 ft.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass drug test
- Must live in or near the St. Charles County area
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Able to qualify for and receive a passport for potential out of the country job assignments
Benefits include paid study materials and first test paid to obtain certifications, paid time off, and on the job training.
Veteran owned company and veteran friendly.