Maintenance Mechanic – Full-time – Atlanta
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Full-time Position with Full Benefits. Must enjoy working with Seniors.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00AM – 4:00PM and alternating weekends (on call)
Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Plant Maintenance, the Maintenance Mechanic performs general physical plant preventive and corrective maintenance work according to facility and corporate standards and procedures and all applicable codes.
1. Compliance with all applicable codes to ensure a safe, functionally attractive and healthy environment for the residents, families, staff and visitors of the retirement community. The program includes routine and emergency heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC); boiler maintenance, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, plastering, painting, systems and equipment maintenance (e.g. fire alarms and call systems) and may involve grounds upkeep.
2. Assists with maintenance work order system; performs work assignments as needed. Maintains the safe operation and maintenance of building facilities, electrical, and mechanical systems and plumbing. Coordinates with Environmental Services and Marketing departments for apartment readiness for new residents.
3. Assists with safety and inspection records including fire and safety records as established by State regulations. May coordinate State and Federal (OSHA) inspections; provides records as requested.
4. Is responsible for operating and maintaining specific equipment, conducting surveys and inventories, performing preventive maintenance activities, responding to resident concerns and repairing equipment. Assists with annual apartment inspections to identify any structural or environmental needs.
5. Repairs and adjusts doors, windows, closures, and locks. Patches holes, repairs ceiling and floor tile as needed to maintain building appearance. Makes minor masonry and wood repairs. Installs pictures, coat hooks, other wall hung furnishings, and equipment as requested. Inspects, operates, repairs, and maintains electrical, mechanical and plumbing equipment and systems common to institutional and residential facilities including lights, circuit breakers, motors, switches, and alarms, fans, and compressors, HVAC systems heaters, and similar equipment.
6. May maintains service/warranty records; identifies, develops and maintains rapport with
external vendors. Purchase supplies and equipment as needed within authorized limits.
7. Assists departments in the community, as requested, in emergency situations.
8. Ensures timely and safe resolutions to all maintenance and emergency requests.
9. Maintains current knowledge of OSHA and state regulations about safety, equipment and
maintenance procedures. Attends continuing education classes as required.
10. Demonstrates professional work behavior, following Wesley Woods’ policies and
11. May work with others and outside vendors to turnover apartments for future residents.
12. May work with a supervisor or administrator to assist in the creation and implementation
of the preventative maintenance plan.
13. Performs related duties as required.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two years of experience in physical plant maintenance. May require a valid Georgia driver’s license and an insurable driving record. Knowledge and experience with HVAC, plumbing carpentry, plastering, and equipment and system maintenance.
The ability to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English. Experience in a retirement community preferred. Current CPR and/or First Aid will be required. Should possess a basic understanding of Microsoft Office Products.
Apply on website at www.wesleywoods.org – under Careers