Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Location:City of Industry, California
At Danone, Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams.
We have an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor based in City of Industry, CA! The Reliability Leader supports a Business Unit with multiple lines, value stream teams, or technology groups. The Reliability Leader is directly responsible for planned maintenance pillar activities and leadership of mechanics supporting their team on a 24/7 basis. They should display servant leadership abilities that help empower mechanics and line team associates to higher performance levels and greater morale.
Additional responsibilities you will have,
- Ensure the safety of our people and our products always
- Attend and Support all line meetings as part of the Daily Direction Setting (DDS) process
- Work with Production Leaders and OpEx Leaders in the development and execution of Plan for the Day and loss elimination activities.
- Communicate metrics for maintenance and reliability activities. Owns and drives improvement around planned and unplanned downtime, # breakdowns, MTBF & MTTR metrics for their lines.
- Owns Breakdown Elimination, Defect Handling, & Planning and Scheduling. Coaches teams through effective execution of these processes and builds capability and ownership of these systems down to the team level over time.
- Meet with each shift daily to review work completed and provide direction and follow up
- Maintain Maintenance schedules for owned lines and ensure adequate coverage in a consistent and equitable way that is consistent with the contract and state regulations
- Create daily assignments for mechanics on each shift the support planned maintenance and loss elimination initiatives. Focuses on engaging mechanics in proactive work that will improve line predictability/stability.
- Provides resourcing and support to line owned autonomous maintenance activities
- Follow up on safety, quality and major losses with root cause analysis
- Support off shift critical work and emergency repairs where required
- Identify gaps and roadblocks to successful execution of line maintenance plans and develop plans to close gaps
- Monitor metrics, develop plans, and propose solutions for improvement
- Participate in the annual budgeting process, support cost goals, and identify productivity opportunities
- Support Planned Maintenance Pillar, System and Tools implementation
- Support Systems and Equipment Ownership capability development
- Lead and Support Early Equipment Management Activities, including possible startup leadership for projects within their area
- Will be a member and valued contributor to one of Danone’s Operational Excellence Pillars
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with five to ten years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Equivalent work experience and training will be considered in lieu of a degree.