Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
The Henry Ford, located in Dearborn, Michigan, has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Mechanic/Welder!
The person in this position will perform welding of all types and assist the Vehicle and Equipment Mechanic. Also performs routine maintenance and repairs on a wide range of equipment and vehicles, and assists with budget reports and vehicle, equipment, and materials inventory.
- Repairs gasoline and diesel engines (both large and small), repairs/performs routine maintenance on all vehicles, and monitors and maintains garage equipment.
- Preps and dispatches vehicles, gauges fuel amounts to determine refueling needs and monitors fuel purchases. Performs other activities as necessary.
- Performs all types of welding functions.
- Contributes to the effective management of all problems, issues, and opportunities.
- Assists in mechanical aspects of forklift training for staff. Acts as a team player and provides expertise within the team and with other teams as appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent, valid State of Michigan Chauffeur’s License. 7 years’ vehicle and equipment maintenance experience. Must have welder’s licenses and 7 years’ experience as a licensed welder.
Knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance and all types of welding functions.