Mechanical Designer II
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Senior Document Control Center Supervisor, perform a variety of technical assignments to assist the engineers in charge of the development of products, components, processes and controls. Act as liaison between engineers and other cross functional departments. Incorporate changes and solutions as directed. Prepare preliminary drawings or sketches showing proposed specifications, design characteristics, etc. for review and evaluation by engineer in charge. Duties involve creating attractive service documentation data for new products, documenting design changes, processing engineering change requests (ECRs) and documenting processes. Duties consist mainly of technical functions in direct support of the factories or senior engineers. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Work with other members of the product development and factory teams to translate customer requirements into engineering product specifications.
- Develop and maintain a structured BOM (Bill Of Materials)
- Coordinate with Manufacturing and Purchasing to ensure the product is producible and meets the costing requirements defined in the product specification
- Meet all project milestones and deadlines
- Two year technical degree or the equivalent of least 2 years of experience
- Experience w/ CAD and creating service documentation.
- Technical Writing expertise.
- Experienced 3D CAD designer (SolidWorks preferred)
- 3DVia Composer experience preferred
- Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note
- Ability and willingness to travel both internationally and domestically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs