N1 MPTE Financial Management Analyst OPNAV N1
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: N1 MPTE Financial Management Analyst OPNAV N1
This position is contingent upon contract award
The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations (Manpower, Personnel, Training & Education MPTE) (DCNO, MPTE) (N1) is responsible for the planning, resourcing, and execution of manpower and personnel policies and programs in the U.S. Navy. To effectively perform these responsibilities, N1 requires professional, technical and/or administrative support services in the area of Financial Management. The scope of this effort, including on-site support, shall encompass preparation, analysis of financial statements and documentation associated with all facets of government accounting and management.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The support shall require direct liaison with action officers and program managers across the MPTE enterprise as well as all other Navy Enterprises and Enablers to support the financial management requirements of OPNAV N1 and its subordinate commands. The analyst shall provide the following professional, technical, or administrative services in support of financial management for OPNAV N1 and BUPERS PERS7:
- Review and prepare draft Program Objective Memorandum (POM) documentation.
- Develop Impact Statements and review future year financial program plans.
- Develop financial aspects of POA&Ms.
- Provide program analysis and evaluation reports in support of the Navy programming and budget process.
- Conduct financial analysis and financial risk analysis, identifying and evaluating financial risks and recommend management techniques to mitigate risk exposure.
- Coordinate, advise and draft budget formulation documentation and recommendations in support of the Navy, OSD and Congressional program and Budget processes.
- Prepare ledger reports, ledger tracking, maintenance and support of specified financial management information systems, the Standard Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting System (SABRS), and Standard Accounting Reporting System (STARS) or any other official accounting program tracking systems.
- Collect, monitor and analyze obligation/expenditure information from the source (contractor or government activity) and official and/or unofficial accounting records or systems.
- Draft/review/prepare back up information and recommendations for financial presentations.
- Resolve problem disbursements.
- Provide reconciliation for the unofficial undistributed disbursements (UUDs) and negative un-liquidated obligations with SABRS, STARS and/or other accounting systems.
- Track and provide recommendations for execution of the Navy financial systems such as the Navy Industrial Accounting and budgeting systems.
- Identify and resolve execution, disbursements and reimbursement issues.
- Provide information and recommendations to respond to Congressional, DOD, other Government agency, media or industry inquiries, and audits and for Congressional testimony.
- Provide administrative support, such as facilitating IPTs, special advisory boards, off-sites, working groups, audit teams, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
The position of analyst requires expertise in several professional areas. The analyst must be highly qualified academically as well as professionally specialized and experienced in his/her respective fields with specific experience in government financial accounting and management.
- SECRET security clearance.
- Minimum seven years of experience in Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Financial Analysis, Marketing, and Public Affairs
- Capable of performing many of the tasks in the job description.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied science or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
- In-depth, working knowledge of government financial accounting regulations and practices.
- Strong communications skills orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as a financial analyst supporting OPNAV N1 and BUPERS PERS7
- Experience with the Standard Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting System (SABRS), and Standard Accounting Reporting System (STARS) or and other official accounting program tracking systems.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
KEY WORDS: program objective memorandum (POM), budget analysis, financial analysis, budget formulation, ledger reports, Standard Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting System (SABRS), and Standard Accounting Reporting System (STARS), unofficial undistributed disbursements (UUDs), Navy Subsistence-in-Kind (SIK)
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.