Navy Civilian HR Analyst – OPNAV N1
Job category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Navy Civilian HR Analyst OPNAV N1
This position is contingent upon contract award
The Civilian HR Division for the Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (N1B1) functions as the Commands principal advisor and technical authority in the areas of recruitment, classification, policy, compliance, employee and labor relations, and performance and resource management. They provide strategic HR advisory to employees, supervisors, and managers in the highly competitive National Capital Region, and exercise strategic authority and functional oversight over HR at the Naval Academy, Naval Postgraduate School and Naval War College, as well as strategic authority and coordination over HR at the Bureau of Personnel and the Naval Education and Training Command.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides expert authoritative advice on complex position classification issues and ensuring that the application of position classification standards is accurate and consistent.
- Apply a wide range of HR concepts, regulations and practices in the areas of classification. (Such as proper structure of organization, analyze and classify positions, explain standards, classification decisions, complaint and appeals process, etc.)
- Provide advice and expertise to managers, supervisors, and employees on classification processes, procedures, policies and regulations and prepares draft position descriptions, conducts desk audits, writes report of findings and prepares evaluation statements as required
- Review job descriptions, evaluation statements, documentation of position management studies, competitive levels to ensure application of sound classification and position management principles.
- Analyze and classify individual positions descriptions.
- Explain the standards, classification process, impact of designated duties on classification, and complaint and appeal procedures to employees, supervisors, and operating officials or managers.
- Recommend the correct classification by comparison to existing standards related to the work, and prepares necessary evaluation statements.
- Provide advice on the responsibilities and extent of authority of the position in relation to other positions, which may seem to overlap.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- SECRET security clearance.
- Minimum five years of federal human resources classification experience equivalent to GS-0201-13.
- Capable of performing the tasks in the job description.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied science or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
- Strong communications skills orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Navy civil service HR classification experience.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
KEY WORDS: Position classification, civil service human resources, GS 0201
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.