Navy Financial Analyst – OPNAV N2N6
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Navy Financial Analyst OPNAV N2N6
This position is contingent upon contract award
The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations, Information Warfare (DCNO N2N6) requires management support services to facilitate Warfighting, Manpower and Business transformation initiatives. The services support current and future Requirements Generation/Capability Development: Programmatic, Budgeting, Cost-Control: Strategic Governance and, Policy initiatives.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide support to N2N6F1 Assured C2 Requirements Officers (RO) and staff with respect to the overall N2N6 Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) effort by maintaining awareness and understanding of POM schedules and division leadership calendars and paying careful attention to changes in POM process based on current guidance and POM Serials. Specific tasks:
- Support Requirements Officers (RO) and staff program management, POM issue development, requirements generation, interoperability and/or Fleet requirements.
- Assist with the development and presentation of program reviews, status, and reports that reflect Assured C2 capabilities, financial requirements, schedules and/or associated risks.
- Participate in Assured C2 POM issue teams and provide staffing support for programmatic issues being developed. Conduct working level coordination of candidate PPBE issues and/or offset identification with the appropriate N2N6 Requirements Officers, Program Offices and Fleet representatives. Coordinate and track program issue titles, required funding adjustments and associated impact statements / justification language.
- Assist with preparation, staffing and submission of Assured C2 PPBE briefs, dualies and program financial adjustments for submission to N80.
- Support development and data entry of N2N6 Assured C2 PPBE issues into RAPS for transfer to PBIS or for direct entry into PBIS.
- Review, analyze and report the impacts of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Issue Papers and Resource Management Decisions (RMD) or Program Decision Memorandum (PDM) to the Assured C2 portfolio.
- Use the Resource Allocation Planning System (RAPS) and Planning Budget Information System (PBIS) to remain familiar with the financial structure of Assured C2 programs and investments. Analyze financial adjustments to determine if programming/budgeting issues affect Assured C2 program elements and line items. Confirm proper program alignment and / or how programmatic changes should be distributed. Coordinate, prepare and submit technical changes to correct errors and/or anomalies.
- Assist with development of responses to proposed Congressional actions, Requests for Information (RFIs) and preparation of Congressional Staffer Briefings related to Assured C2.
- Review program obligation and expenditure rates reported by Assured C2 programs prior to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Financial Management and Comptroller (FMB) mid-year review.
- Support respective ROs and Branch Heads during internal Assured C2 program / branch financial reviews by verifying programming data and status of specified programs. Produce PowerPoint, Excel or other documents that clearly and accurately represent that data for presentation at the review.
- Read, analyze, report on, and brief POM/PPBE requests, to include program office budget status/requests, issue papers, congressional Request for Information (RFI) briefs, BTRs, ATRs and Program Element/Line Item (PE/LI) requests
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET security clearance
- 15 years overall experience (Active/Reserve Duty, DoD Civilian, or Defense Contractor) with at least of 3 years as a member of a POM development/integration team in at least one the following areas:
– Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems
– Unmanned systems
– Information Technology (IT)
– Space systems
– Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
– Electronic Warfare (EW)
– Meteorology/Precise Time and Astrometry
- Ability to produce briefing slides, metric charts, program schedules, and organizational charts.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency with Resource Allocation Planning System (RAPS), the Planning Budget Information System (PBIS) and the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (OSD CAPE) Select & Native Programming (SNaP) applications is desired.
- Support staff experience at OPNAV, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, Program Executive Offices (PEOs)/Program Offices, Navy Surface or Air Warfare Centers, or Navy Personnel Command/Bureau of Personnel directly supporting POM/PPBE cycles.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.