Navy Manpower and Personnel Analyst – OPNAV N1
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Navy Manpower and Personnel Analyst OPNAV N1
This position is contingent upon contract award
The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations (Manpower, Personnel, Training & Education MPTE) (DCNO, MPTE) (N1) is responsible for the planning, resourcing and execution of manpower and personnel policies and programs in the U.S. Navy. To effectively perform these responsibilities, N1 requires support services in the Commanders Action Group, including MPTE program/policy human resources strategic planning, analysis and justification, program strategic planning and execution, communications and media planning and execution, facilitation of process reviews and analyses, process re-engineering and evaluation of commercial-off-the shelf products in support of human resource initiatives.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The support will require direct liaison with action officers and program managers across the MPTE enterprise as well as all other Navy Enterprises and Enablers to support the employment, development and refinement of MPTE strategic plans, Transformation efforts, Sailor 2025 initiatives and status of manning in the Fleet. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide manpower and personnel program and policy analysis support, such as by developing Excel, Access and/or other manpower data spreadsheets used to identify manpower/personnel trends and impacts
- Assist in the development and implementation of Joint Development and Management Strategic Roadmaps
- Analyze and assess the Navys recruiting, manpower, personnel, training and education strategic initiatives, such as support for organizational strategy development including vision, mission, strategic objectives and goals
- Conduct analysis of strategic initiatives based on effectiveness towards meeting targets and prepare documentation based on analytical and mathematical techniques
- Provide strategic management support, such as in sustaining a Managers Internal Control Program (MICP), including process and internal control documentation, testing and corrective actions
- Support POM analysis, such as by developing documentation to include point papers, summary analyses, cost analysis, schedules, and requirements
- Provide administrative support, such as facilitating IPTs, special advisory boards, off-sites, working groups, and audit teams, and analyzing and preparing program briefs, reports and correspondence
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
The position of analyst requires expertise in several professional areas. The analyst must be highly qualified academically as well as professionally specialized and experienced in his/her respective fields with specific experience in military manpower, personnel and strategic planning and policy.
- SECRET security clearance.
- Minimum seven years of experience in Data Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Financial Analysis, Marketing, Public Affairs, Complex Problem Solving, Navy POM
- Capable of performing the tasks in the job description.
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied science or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
- In-depth, working knowledge of existing and evolving strategic plans and activities within Navys MPTE enterprise.
- Strong communications skills orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as analyst supporting OPNAV N1 and/or the Commanders Action Group.
- Experience analyze military service recruiting and retention.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
KEY WORDS: Plans of action and milestones (POAMs), critical path analysis, integrated master plans, integrated master schedules, manpower, Joint Development and Management Strategic Roadmaps, Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI) methodology, Navy Recruiting and Retention, Managers Internal Control Program (MICP), program objective memorandum (POM)
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.