Network Engineer – ICBM
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Hill AFB, Utah
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer – ICBM
This position is contingent upon contract award
This project provides support to the Strategic Automated Command and Control System Replacement (SACCS-R) program which is part of the Intercontinental Ballistic Systems Directorate (ICBMSD) responsible for the development, deployment, maintenance and sustainment of the ICBM Force. The SACCS-R program is a replacement effort to address obsolescence issues, diminished manufacturing sources, challenges interfacing with advancing telecommunication and enterprise networks, and sustainment costs. This effort is comprised of Milestone B (Engineering & Manufacturing Development (EMD)) completion and Post Milestone C (Production & Deployment) activities.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide direct support to the ICBMSD SACCS-R Program Managers (PMs) and Program Engineers who have the responsibility as the system integrator over the acquisition lifecycle.
Verifying and validating SACCS-R network requirements are satisfactorily met through the application of disciplined, well-defined processes for the following requirements as applicable:
– Oversee SACCS-R network design and deployment
– Oversee configuration of system software, servers, routers and other network devices
– Oversee creation of system security measures (access authentication, cybersecurity strategy, etc.)
– Manage network development technical documentation
Provide recommendations for system enhancements focusing on cost savings, performance, security, consolidation efforts, preparation for future planning and implementations, and the simplification of the overall SACCS-R network architecture and design.
Assist in the development of program requirements documentation (SOO, SRD, TEMP, SEP, PPP etc.) for a cyber-security, software, and network architecture heavy communication system.
Assessing contractor RFP submissions and draft deliverables for accuracy.
Provide technical support; system requirements management and documentation; verification and validation of documentation; network engineering cost and risk management input; and supportability analyses for communication systems.
Collaborate with contractor hardware and/or software engineers to provide input regarding the planning, design, development, and deployment of communications systems and products throughout the acquisition, source selection processes and program execution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Clearance
- Certified Network Engineer (Microsoft or equivalent)
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, or 10 years Network Engineer/architect experience and certification in lieu of the degree
- Experience in network architecture design, development, deployment, and/or sustainment/maintenance
- Experience in defense acquisition program management related to weapon systems acquisition and life-cycle management.
- Knowledge of the system equipment life-cycle phases and the associated documentation,
- Knowledge and experience working communication systems
- Knowledge and experience working network security implementation
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Technical field, Engineering, Computer Science, or Network Architecture
- Experience in the requirements definition, development, test, production or sustainment of a major DOD Network, communication and control systems; ICBM systems preferable.
- Experience with conduct of DoD or commercial source selection processes
WORK LOCATION: Hill AFB, UT
KEY WORDS: DoD, network requirements and management, networking architecture, command and control systems, clearance level, cybersecurity, defense acquisition, weapon systems acquisition and life-cycle management, DoD 5000 acquisition series and processes, system acquisition, development, production, deployment, sustainment, systems, subsystems, equipment, system equipment life cycle, DoD (in particular networking) programmatic and technical documentation requirements.
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.