Non CDL Delivery Driver, San Jose CA
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Location:San Jose, California
Imperial Dade is the leading distributor of foodservice packaging, facilities maintenance supplies and equipment in the U.S., Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. As a provider of customized supply chain solutions, the company serves customers in many business-to-business market segments including supermarkets, grocers, healthcare facilities and restaurants. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in New Jersey, Imperial Dade serves more than 60,000 customers through a footprint of 48 branches and has a growing network of strategically located distribution centers with a fleet of over 900 vehicles.
Since CEO Robert Tillis and President Jason Tillis assumed their roles in 2007, the company has grown both organically and through acquisitions to become a leader in the disposable food service and janitorial supplies industry.
The delivery driver will be responsible for driving a Bobtail Truck for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products to customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations.
The typical schedule is Tuesday through Saturday from 5:00am until finish; however, the start time could range between 5am-7am, overtime hours, weekend hours, and holiday hours. All of which is required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from truck, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Follow safe work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in truck and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, phones, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Class C Drivers license required
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job, which include but are not limited to:
- Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- At times, transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product weighing 1-75 pounds
At Imperial Dade, we offer an exciting environment in which to work, learn, and grow professionally. We are excited to continue to invite talented individuals with a passion for excellence to join our team. As a family-owned and operated company, we value our people and
strive to create rewarding career opportunities by offering competitive salaries and benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, and a generous Paid Time Off Package.
Imperial Dade is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Learn more at: https://imperialdade.com/Home/About