Nurse Practice Supervisor, Urgent Care
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Full Time
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
MIT Medical Urgent Care seeks a nurse practice supervisor to be responsible for leading the development of registered nurses and medical assistants, reviewing their performance, and assigning work schedules.
Will ensure–under the guidance of the nurse practice manager–the ongoing, day-to-day running of the clinic; function in collaborative practice with physician(s) and/or nurse practitioner(s); serve as a working supervisor, providing comprehensive ambulatory urgent care nursing care, including patient assessment, intervention, and education; skillfully and consistently performs daily clinical duties per established policies and procedures; and work with service area key stakeholders to ensure that each patient’s experience is positive and that patient flow and appointment scheduling is completed accurately and efficiently. The position involves overseeing highly visible positions that have extensive patient contact.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in Massachusetts
- Certification in BLS
- At least three years of experience in a nursing leadership role
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor and direct others
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Proven experience leading evidence-based clinical decision-making
- Experience in a hospital, health insurance, or university health center pharmacy
- Ability to secure the cooperation of others in the pursuit of common objectives, set expectations, and help create a vision
- Ability to collaborate with clinical providers and nursing and support staff
- Ability to confront peers and supervisees and foster conflict resolution
- Strong working knowledge of department improvement assessment and tools
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
Urgent Care hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. and 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. on weekends and holidays, seeing MIT students, employees, faculty, and their families.
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 20158.
MIT is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.