Job category: Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Charlotte, North Carolina
BuildingPoint SouthEast, a distributor of Trimble Building Construction solutions, is seeking an Operations Assistant to join our team. We are growing and have added this newly created position to assist the Operations Director, other team members and customers. Do you have strong technical and organizational skills with a customer-service mindset? If so, this position could be a fit for you.
The primary responsibility of the Operations Assistant is to provide support in the BuildingPoint SouthEast (BPSE) territory for customers, operations, and sales staff. The biggest priority for this role is delivering superior customer service to all parties.
Summary of job duties
- Use business system to assist in running division operations. Business hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Create and process service work orders for incoming repairs
- Configuration/testing of products: unpack, calibrate, charge batteries, test basics of system to ensure successful operation by end customers.
- Perform quality service repairs and calibration on equipment BPSE provides.
- Technical Support: provide technical support to end customers.
- Receive goods: Unpack product, receive inventory into business system using vendor packing list, stock products in warehouse and/or on showroom floor.
- Shipping: Pull orders, stage product, pack orders, prepare ship tickets. Use UPS world ship to provide tracking numbers.
- Process website orders and strategically work with the field sales reps to align with web customers.
- Perform after the sale duties: follow up email, assign licenses, maintain customer interaction.
- Maintain rental equipment: Assemble necessary equipment for rental, including testing for successful operation by end customers.
- Maintain rental equipment files and bill equipment rentals.
- Coordinate with individual team members to fulfill customer orders and requests to their satisfaction.
- Additional duties as assigned by Operations Director
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy, flexible, adaptable, and collaborative team player who acts with personal accountability for words, actions, behavior, and performance on the job
- Must be attentive to customer needs and determined to provide customer satisfaction.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, be flexible and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office, Salesforce or other CRM software
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree a plus
- Experience working with technology and/or technology repair experience desired
Comprehensive Benefit Program Including:
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care FSA or HSA
- Quarterly Incentive Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- PTO & holidays
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed