Operations Manager – HBI Academy
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Associate Vice President for WTE recruits, hires, trains, and supervises RPCs, RCDCs, Recruiters and Instructors. Consistently monitors and evaluates the WTE vocational trade training programs assigned and coordinates staff training to consistently offer quality training and placement activities, and to achieve performance criteria set by HBI and funding agencies or organizations. Uses independent judgment in travel schedules and daily work activities. Handles confidential information and travels as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and hires WTE RPCs, RCDCs, Recruiters and Instructors.
- Supervises WTE Instructors, Recruiters, RPCs, RCDCs, and the overall vocational training activities of programs assigned.
- Acts as a liaison between HBI and funding agencies and partners.
- Prepares and manages instructional and operational budgets for each center assigned.
- Evaluates job performance and completes performance evaluations for staff.
- Evaluates the performance of the WTE training programs and ensures that they meet the minimum criteria as established by HBI and funding agencies or organizations.
- Coordinates new employee paperwork, orientation, and training with the national office departments.
- Manages the flow of all student enrollment and placement paperwork with data processing and ensures the accuracy of reports generated.
- Resolves all conflicts with the funding agencies and partners at a local level, to the extent possible, and communicates these conflicts to the Associate Vice President.
- Handles all personnel matters in a discreet and confidential manner, consulting with the Associate Vice President before any disciplinary action is taken with any HBI employee.
- Enforces all HBI and contractual established policies and procedures that apply to staff.
- Monitors and evaluates approved projects designed by the funding agency or program partners.
- Identifies all needs of the WTE programs assigned and communicates those needs to the Associate Vice President for consideration.
- Makes use of WTE staff in fulfilling the needs of the WTE assigned programs and ensures quality training and placement.
- Acts as an ambassador of HBI and promotes the growth of the WTE programs, reporting all requests for expansion to the Associate Vice President for consideration and follow-up.
- Maintains knowledge of equal employment opportunity and other legal job requirements by attending seminars and/or workshops, and by reviewing professional and other publications.
- Assumes responsibility in promoting teamwork and coordinating WTE training and placement activities among various HBI departments and individual employees.
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out –of state (up to 35% annually).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising a large staff which includes performance management, recruiting/hiring, training, and coaching. (Management of remote staff preferred.)
- Minimum 3 years in program management. Vocational program management preferred but not required.
- Ability to conduct off-site managerial duties i.e., crisis management, conduct on-site managerial duties (i.e. safety assessments and evaluation of skills training, need to possess the ability to manage multiple sites simultaneously.)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals and groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, through a variety of media, with a wide range of government, industry, union, and other groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship development and management skills
- Excellent conflict management and resolution skills.
- Proven experience in budget preparation and expenditure monitoring and control.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and databases.
- Must possess a current valid state drivers’ license.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.