Operations Research Analyst – NETC
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Operations Research Analyst – NETC
This position is contingent upon contract award
Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) Business Operations (N00I) develops policy, coordinates functions, and conducts oversight of Out Year Planning and performs analysis of training operations requirements and performance data to support management decisions and proposes alternatives for cost savings and process improvement for NETC.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position supports NETC as follows:
- Provide day-to-day project management support for NETC N00I projects including coordination of initiatives, schedule management, and reporting.
- Support Business Process Re-engineering/Business Process improvements.
- Provide management reports to include required information from applicable management systems/databases, format data for reports/presentations, and present reports.
- Conduct analytical efforts that support the NETC out year planning including student input planning and emergent requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate business processes, conduct gap analysis, and identify potential efficiency improvements/cost saving initiatives.
- Apply operations research, numerical, and statistical analysis techniques to the analysis of NETC programs and initiatives.
- Assist in developing concepts and methodologies for models. Use CeTARS Discoverer ad hoc query tool and ExtendSim, Crystal Ball, and other modeling and simulation software approved for use on NMCI to participate in model testing, assessments, recommend new models and/or improvements to refine existing models.
- Conduct analysis and assessment of the Navys recruiting, manpower, personnel, training, and education strategic initiatives.
- Conduct POM analysis to include planning, programming and analysis support; drafting NETC program requirements review, analyzing the effects and potential risks by addition or reduction of NETC programs, develop documents to include point papers, summary analyses, cost analyses, POA&Ms, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET clearance.
- Bachelors degree in operations research, management science, mathematics, statistical analysis, engineering or other closely related discipline.
- Ten years of general experience in data analysis, statistical analysis, and financial analysis.
- Experience with EXTENDSIM, Crystal Ball, and Premium Solver Pro for modeling, simulation and optimization applications, preferably in a military organization.
- Ability to work independently, within teams and across matrix organizations.
- Strong organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree in operations research, management science, mathematics or statistical analysis, or other closely related disciplines is preferred.
- Ten years of experience conducting analytical studies using mathematical, statistical and other scientific methods for the design, development and adaptation of program requirements in a military environment is highly desired.
- Experience with modeling, simulation and optimization applications in a military organization. NETC experience is a plus.
- Relevant experience with CeTARS Discoverer ad hoc query tool, PPBES and other Navy business and financial systems for the development of Capability Plans, Sponsor Capability Plans, and Sponsor Program briefs is highly desired, or in lieu of experience, the ability to quickly master.
WORK LOCATION: Pensacola, FL
KEY WORDS: Operations research, operations analysis, business analysis, modeling and simulation
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.