Operations Research Specialist
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Operations Research Specialist
Operations Research Specialist will be a WBB consultant who will provide a full range of analytic expertise. The individual will be support project teams providing multi-disciplinary support. Will also serve as an advisor to government personnel. Must be comfortable in a challenging, collaborative, multi-tasking, dynamic, high-tempo, deadline-intensive environment with a flexible work schedule supporting multiple customers. Applicants must also have excellent listening as well as oral and written communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advanced analytical support for a wide variety of multiple home site projects and customers from the Department of Defense, other U.S. Government Agencies, and private sector businesses.
- Participate in and lead collaborative working groups
- Conduct assessments to determine effectiveness of operations and application of capabilities
- Apply advanced quantitative techniques (e.g., probability and statistics, optimization, etc.) to solve complex problems
- Conduct modeling and simulation
- Develop, administer and analyze surveys
- Identify, develop, and analyze measures and metrics
- Support project teams to develop executable analytic solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Bachelors degree in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management Science, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or Statistics
- One (1) to Three(3) years of recent hands-on experience conducting operations research and analysis.
- Experience using a modern general purpose analysis package
- DOD SECRET clearance
- Experience interfacing with and briefing senior officials
- Experience developing and implementing complex strategies and policy
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with modern visualization applications such as Qlik, Tableau, or Microsoft Power BI
- TS/SCI eligibility
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
KEY WORDS: Operations Research, Analytics, Industrial Engineering
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.