Job category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
Salt Lake City, Utah
Myriad Genetics – Oncology is looking for a full-time candidate to work as a Patient Advocate (PA) in our customer service department. PA’s are responsible for coordinating genetic testing for patients. This is accomplished by working with health care providers to complete the required documentation and sample submission and then will work with insurance companies to secure the highest possible coverage for patients. To be successful, the PA must be detail oriented and must act in compliance with agency, department, and company regulations, policies and procedures.
Each employee’s specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
- Responsible for coordinating testing services for patients by:
1.1. Reviewing test request forms and additional documentation submitted with a patient specimen to ensure accurate and timely testing.
1.2. Working with healthcare providers to complete the required documentation and sample submission.
1.3. Working with insurance companies to secure the highest possible coverage for patients.
1.4. Communicating with patients to explain insurance coverage benefits and test information including process and turnaround time.
1.5. Employee will be on the phone approximately 60-80% of the time.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance plan.
- Comply with applicable CLIA and HIPAA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree and more than one year of customer service and reimbursement experience preferred
- Fluent in Spanish is preferred/encouraged
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate typing skills of at least 35 words per minute
- Excellent listening, transcribing, and self-review skills PC experience, including familiarity with Excel, Word, Internet, and e-mail
- Able to manage several tasks simultaneously, often under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle and/or feel; reach with hands to arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.