Principal Analyst – N82
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Principal Analyst N82
Full-time, client-site support to CNAL N82 Aircraft Carrier Requirements Officer in ship and ship/air integration requirements, to facilitate on-time introduction and deployment of CVN-78 and follow-on ships in class.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze ship and ship/air integration requirements, draft briefings and make written recommendations to the CVN-78 Integrated Transition Team (ITT) and the six Project Focus Groups (Manpower & Manning, Training and Certification, Doctrine & Operations, Maintenance, Logistics, Facilities & Infrastructure) to support the on-time introduction and deployment of CVN-78 and follow-on ships in class in accordance with the MAP. Recommendations shall be data-driven and should include alternatives and associated risks and impacts. (Daily)
- Draft briefings for the CVN-78 ITT ESC identifying the risks and risk mitigations for the on-time introduction and deployment of CVN-78 and follow-on ships in class. Make recommendations for the most effective courses of action to meet the deployment schedule considering cost, schedule, and warfighting capability. (Semiannually)
- Review and analyze plans for and results of CVN-78, follow-on ships and related shipboard systems operational tests and evaluations and identify potential risks and mitigations to introduction and deployment schedule. (Quarterly)
- Assess impact to transition progress and recommend risk mitigation strategies to the government for problems and issues identified during periodic CVN 78 Class transition progress reviews. (Monthly)
- Analyze issues and make recommendations to CNAL N82 on the applicability of new technology to the CVN- 68 and CVN-78 aircraft carrier classes. (Monthly)
- Design, build, and facilitate simple tabletop experiments and review and comment on plans for larger war games. (Quarterly)
- Draft CVN NARG planning documentation for the annual CVN NARG conference to include naval messages announcing the conference, conference agenda and briefing templates, conference scheduling and location, and summary of conference results and future required actions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, science, mathematics or equivalent.
- Work experience related to systems design analysis, functional requirement analysis, and implementation or transition planning for government or commercial systems and processes.
- Prior work experience in the last 5 years directly related to Naval Aviation.
- In-depth knowledge of nuclear powered aircraft carrier operations, engineering, ship self-defense and maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of Navy aircraft carrier requirements definition process, the aircraft carrier introduction and transition processes, the CNAF Master Aviation Plan (MAP), and the PPBE process.
- Experience in supporting studies, analyses, surveys and reporting in support of organizational business improvement projects.
- Skilled in difficult analysis; working cross-functionally in analyzing, designing and developing business solutions.
- Able to lead, provide vision, set goals, analyze needs, and define processes at the enterprise level on major programs. Understands customer needs and communicates effectively.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An advanced degree in in business, finance, engineering, science, mathematics or equivalent.
- Current Top Secret clearance.
- Service as an aircraft carriers department head, principal assistant, or other CVN leadership positions.
- Previous work experience on OPNAV, U.S. Fleet Forces, or Commander, Naval Air Force, Surface, or Submarine (Atlantic or Pacific) staffs; PEO Carriers or NAVSEA 08.
- Familiarity with Type Commander and US Fleet Forces missions, organizations, and processes.
WORK LOCATION: Norfolk, VA
KEY WORDS: CVN, nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, ship integration, CVN-78, Commander, Naval Air Force
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.