Process Systems Expert
Job category: Other
Job Type: Temporary
We seek an experienced, talented and innovative Process Systems Expert to embed in our thriving culture poised for substantial growth. You will provide critical guidance, review current systems and structures of two connected entities, and offer recommendations to improve efficiencies and create systems to prepare for expansion.
There are currently two entities: (1) a for-profit that contracts with the Corporate Affairs departments of Fortune 500 companies; and (2) a nonprofit that delivers unique opportunities for college students and corporate employees who want to give back to their communities. Both entities, although in existence for several years, have experienced significant growth in the past 18 months. While they remain in the start-up phase, they have not had the opportunity to create systems that will allow them to scale. It will be necessary for each entity to strengthen its infrastructure in order to effectively deliver on their potential.
As the Process Systems Expert, you will take an in-depth look at the work and structures of both entities. Each entity (the for-profit and the nonprofit) is managed by the same President. A team of 4-5 staff split their time between the two entities. You will identify what needs to be done to ensure the entities work most “smartly” and you will help develop and implement the systems so that they work seamlessly. You will help identify how the team members’ strengths and expertise can be better leveraged. You will provide detailed weekly updates to the President.
This is a full-time opportunity for six months. It is expected that you will interview each of the team members individually, talk with clients, and spend significant time with the President to understand his vision and the possibilities that could and should be achieved. You will review every aspect of both entities – including but not limited to project planning and execution, relationship management, accounting, human resources – and help to streamline operations and management functions. Essentially, no stone should be left unturned. Establishing processes and standard operating procedures is an expected outcome of this engagement.
Some travel (2-3 weeks) may be required at some point during the 6-month engagement.
5-7 years of related professional experience in reviewing systems and identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness, preferably in a consultant or interim role.
- Prior management and oversight of scaling programs
- Prior experience supervising employees and helping them develop new skills
- Prior experience developing systems for C-level executives
- Self-motivated, and able to direct work with minimal supervision
- Adaptable and able to remain calm in tense situations
- Solution Oriented. This is a growing organization with significant opportunities for program expansion. The ability to think creatively about how to scale – in a smart way – is critical. You enjoy tackling problems and are considered a ” problem solver,” able to manage ad hoc issues that arise, and develop and implement long-term solutions.
- Mission Driven. You are excited about the opportunity to improve our world and are committed to improved outcomes. You are self-confident and assertive, approachable, and responsive.
- Results-driven. You understand the “big picture” and are then able to look at the details and take the action necessary to produce demonstrative results.
- Diplomacy. You are able to convey your ideas and suggestions in a manner that is thoughtful, respectful, and firm.
- Strong leader and partner. You know how to build trust, credibility, and goodwill internally.
What’s attractive about this position for the right candidate?
- Your work holds the potential to dramatically change peoples’ lives and strengthen our communities.
- You have the opportunity to improve two strong entities that are already doing amazing work so that they are even more effective. This is a perfect fit for creative problem-solvers.
This is a term-limited position and is not expected to lead to permanent employment.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Send your full application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should include:
- Cover Letter that includes (1) three examples of similar projects on which you’ve worked; (2) Your fees to conduct this work for a 6-month period; and (3) three professional references.