Program Analyst Navy Aegis Combat System: OPNAV N96
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Program Analyst Navy Aegis Combat Systems: OPNAV N96
OPNAV N96 is responsible for determining surface combatant force levels, shipboard and related support requirements, and major characteristics of programs involving weapon systems, cruisers, destroyers, frigates, command ships, patrol craft, and littoral combat ships. N96 executes planning, preparation, and execution in support of this mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide program requirements management support and coordination for Aegis Combat system and related missile defense programs and systems. Specific tasks:
- Provide on-site support, strategic analysis, and well-integrated, coordinated support for N96F2 Combat Systems branch.
- Provide program requirements management support for the Aegis Weapons System/Combat System. Serve as the principal technical advisor and provide day-to-day on-site support including weekly program/project status updates and analysis results related to program cost, schedule and performance. Identify issues and provide analysis results to achieve overall near-term and long-term goals.
- Prepare briefs, outlines, draft reports and publications and documentation to support Flag level technical and financial briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions.
- Review and/or assist in the development of acquisition strategies and plans. Communicate program objectives to key high-level officials and project officers in those organizations that support the programs. Draft formal presentations and high-level briefings (e.g., CNO, SECNAV, SECDEF) to support and defend programming proposals.
- Maintain a strong relationship and open communication with Program Offices and related government activities and industries under contract to the Program Offices.
- Provide background to respond to Congressional, DoD, other Government agency or industry inquiries to include researching policy/procedures and providing back up analysis.
- Provide advice and guidance to various levels of stakeholders leadership on development and defense of proposals for DoN, SECDEF, and congressional priorities, in the allocation of resources to operating programs in accordance with policies and constraints. Provide consultation to N96, OPNAV staff, on impact and risks for program/system changes on resource plans and requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET security clearance.
- Seven (7) years of general experience in program analysis, support and management; at least five (5) years must be hands-on experience in ship maintenance and modernization or program management support.
- Ability to produce briefing slides, metric charts, program schedules, and organizational charts.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support staff experience at OPNAV, NAVSEA or Program Executive Offices (PEOs)/Program Offices directly supporting ships and shipboard systems.
- Experience includes regular interactions with staff and senior leadership internal and external to affiliated organization.
- Navy Fleet operational experience.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
TRAVEL: Less than 5%
KEY WORDS: OPNAV, N96, SWO, Aegis, CSO/Weps, PEO IWS (IWS 1.0), PEO Ships, NAVSEA, NSWC (Dahlgren Division and Port Hueneme Division), IAMD, PPBE, POM, ACB, CSL
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.