Program Analyst Navy Manpower and Training
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Program Analyst Navy Manpower and Training
The US Navy headquarters staff at the Pentagon, known as OPNAV, supports the Chief of Naval Operations in his mission to support the warfighter by setting requirements, budgeting resources, and managing programs for many different Navy programs. The Surface Warfare Directorate, OPNAV N96, fulfills these tasks for some of the nations most important defense programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide on-site support, strategic analysis, and integrated and coordinated support for N96D Manpower Branch in accordance with DoD program requirements management and acquisition oversight policies and strategies. Specific tasks:
- Provide on-site support, strategic analysis, and well-integrated/coordinated support for N96D M&T Branch in accordance with DoD program requirements management and acquisition oversight policies and strategies.
- Participate in, or perform independently, Navy Training System Plan (NTSP) reviews and studies as it relates to supporting all phases of system/equipment training lifecycle.
- Assist in the development of training systems performance metrics to include review and analysis of schedules, funding profiles, and fielding profiles.
- Provide current and developmental program support for the System Mission Need Statements and Capability Documents for Manpower Personnel and Training development, integrated with all surface warfare programs. In addition, assist with the Assimilated briefing/program integration review.
- Provide current and developmental programmatic assistance, review and comment on Manpower, Personnel and Personnel requirements documents and training proposals to ensure proper formulation of training and manning plans for the operation, maintenance and employment of surface warfare documents, including:
Training Planning Process Methodology Analyses.
Navy Training System Plans.
Training Project Plans.
Surface Warfare Navy Enlisted Classification Requests.
Surface Warfare Occupational Standards Reviews.
Surface & Expeditionary Warfare Training Plan (SEWTP).
- Maintain a strong relationship and open communication with Program Offices and related government activities and industries under contract to the Program Offices.
- Maintain daily liaison with OPNAV N96s Division and Branch chain of command and Senior Leadership.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Seven (7) years of general experience in program analysis, support and management; at least five (5) years must be hands-on experience in manpower and personnel planning.
- Ability to produce briefing slides, metric charts, program schedules, and organizational charts.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSP).
- Active SECRET security clearance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support staff experience at OPNAV, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, Program Executive Offices (PEOs)/Program Offices, Navy Surface or Air Warfare Centers, Navy Personnel Command/Bureau of Personnel, or Navy training commands directly supporting ships and shipboard systems.
- Experience includes regular interactions with staff and senior leadership internal and external to affiliated organization.
- Experience with military operational units (with exposure to CONUS-training requirements and deployed operations).
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
TRAVEL: Less than 5%
KEY WORDS: OPNAV, Surface Warfare Officer (SWO), N96, NSWC, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, PEO Ships, PEO IWS, POM, PPBE, NTSP
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.