Program Analyst – OPNAV N17D
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Program Analyst OPNAV N17D
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations (Manpower, Personnel, Training & Education MPTE) (DCNO, MPTE) (N1) is responsible for overall manpower and personnel readiness. The 21st Century Sailor Drug Detection and Deterrence Office (N17D) supports Fleet readiness by fighting drug use. It provides prevention planning, education and training on illegal drug use to the military community and surrounding civilian community to increase substance abuse awareness, and other activities designed to reduce the demand for illegal drugs.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides program management and analysis support to the Navy Drug Detection and Deterrence Office.
- Analyze weekly and monthly reports on all substance abuse related issues.
- Perform reviews of all applicable statistics and provide weekly and monthly reports with trends and analysis of incidents
- Identify Navy and national substance abuse prevention research, statistical trends and issues through constant review and analysis of national and private sector publications. Provide monthly analysis/reports from those findings.
- Assist in the development of plans, objectives, and milestones for various projects, considering such factors as internal and external responsibilities and resources for project implementation and completion.
- Convert data, spreadsheets, charts and graphs into and from reports and databases.
- Researches and writes briefs, point papers and other written documents to support or explain the objectives of Navys drug abuse prevention programs. Conducts training sessions or makes presentations about the Navy drug abuse prevention programs.
- Assist N170D staff in developing and coordinating Navy-wide drug abuse prevention programs. Keep abreast of all current prevention trends, projects and evaluation information as basis for developing effective, innovative prevention programs which enhance Navy readiness.
- Assist in policy reviews, and program development based on trends; provide guidance on policy, programs and procedures related to all aspects of print and visual information media.
- Provide routine administrative support to include email, web, phone support to OPNAV N170D Drug Demand Reduction prevention programs (e.g. information about training, how to order products, how to make reports).
- Available for emergency call back outside of normal hours if required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, social sciences, physical/applied science or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or management information technology.
- Experience: minimum of ten years. General experience in data and statistical analysis as well as project management required.
- Able to conduct independent research and develop compelling briefings, information papers and other documents as required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Navy, other service, federal or state drug detection and deterrence program management experience.
- Analysis of Navy programs.
WORK LOCATION: Millington, TN
KEY WORDS: Program analyst, drug detection, drug deterrence
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.