Program Management (Senior)- F35 JPO
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Crystal City, Virginia
JOB TITLE: Program Management (Senior) F35 JPO
Project provides support to the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter Joint Program Office (JPO) located in Crystal City (Arlington), VA. The JPO manages the development, test, production, fielding and sustainment of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter for the USAF, USMC, USN, and International Partner and FMS customer nations worldwide.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide executive leadership support, assists with managerial direction and program continuity. Continuous and meticulous orchestration and coordination efforts, enabling the most effective performance of program duties. Ensure all forms of information are optimally and completely prepared and presented to enable program strategy formulation, analysis and decision making, often within significant time constraints. Ensures the results of strategy formulation and decisions are communicated appropriately both internal and external to the office, providing follow up to assure that intended messages and actions are understood. Assist in performing critical program management, technical, or business analysis of major DoD acquisition systems and provides recommendations to ensure program success. Provide program analysis support for all aspects of the program. Collect, complete, organize, and interpret technical data and financial information relating to aircraft acquisition and product programs. Track program/project status, costs, technical performance, contract performance, schedules, and risks. This includes integration with IPTs. The position is responsible for assisting in the coordination efforts regarding programmatic, technical, and sustainment areas, including program management, systems engineering, personnel management, scheduling, risk management, contracting, acquisition, budgeting, funding, configuration management, integration, testing, life cycle logistics, and training.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Secret clearance
- MS or MA degree in a Business, Management, or “Relevant Technical Discipline” and Level 3 APDP PM certification. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree or PMI certification and an additional three (3) years of experience can be substituted for an MS or MA degree. An additional five (5) years experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- At least seven (7) years experience in program management, technical, or business analysis discipline, related to weapon systems acquisition and life cycle management.
- Familiarity with OSD, AF, and Navy forms related to PPBS, Military Interdepartmental Procurement Requests (MIPRs), Work Requests, Requisitions, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), and DD254.
- Demonstrated experience in the program/project.
- Familiarity with DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.2 (Operation of the Defense Acquisition System), DoD Directive (DODD) 5530.03 (International Agreements), and the International Cooperation in Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (IC in AT&L) Handbook.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of the principles, policies, and practices of system acquisition to plan, organize, and coordinate critical aspects of the development, production, and deployment of systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the system acquisition life-cycle phases and the documentation, analyses, and reviews associated with those phases.
- Knowledge of the principles, policies, and practices of system acquisition and systems engineering required to plan, organize, and manage critical aspects of the development, production, and deployment of systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Ability to gather and analyze a variety of program information, make sound judgments concerning program progress, and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to higher organizational management.
- Ability to draft clear, concise reports to maintain effective working relationships and provide technical guidance and briefings.
WORK LOCATION: Crystal City, VA
KEY WORDS: DoD, program management, technical, business analysis discipline, weapon systems acquisition and life cycle management, analysis, planning, Major Defense Acquisition Program (MDAP), OSD, AF, Navy, POM, PPBS, Military Interdepartmental Procurement Requests (MIPRs), Work Requests, Requisitions, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), DD254, program/project management, DoDI 5000.2 Operation of the Defense Acquisition System, DODD 5530.03 International Agreements and the International Cooperation in Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (IC in AT&L), system acquisition, systems, subsystems, equipment, system acquisition life-cycle, systems engineering
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.