Project Manager & Web Team Manager
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Were a leading global fitness company seeking a talented, passionate Project Manager & Web Team Manager to lead our skilled development team. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Global Marketing, the Project Manager & Web Team Manager is someone who leads the teams responsible for development and maintenance of JHTs global portfolio of brand websites. A solid understanding of agile development process is essential, as well as demonstrated experience working across cross functional teams (such as marketing management, product development, and creative) to achieve business goals. In addition, the manager is responsible for the daily and long-term project management of web development team which includes establishing project scope and design project plans for Johnson Health Techs global, branded websites and related deliverables. This individual will work with the web development and project management team, the digital marketing strategist, and other external stakeholders to establish project budgets, timelines and scopes in a fast-paced, varied environment. The web development & project manager | brand sites is responsible for communicating the project status and escalating any deviation from the established project plan.
The successful candidate will have a working understanding of technical code requirements with proven experience in team leadership, systems and process implementation and adherence, business management and delighting customers. Formal project management experience and application is a must. This is a supervisory position.
Web Development Manager
- Develop, mentor and lead web development teams
- Daily team management, including recruitment, staff scheduling, resource planning, team training, etc.
- Advocate for development team throughout the greater environment of the organization
- Work with team technical leads to identify resource and/or talent gaps and/or opportunities
- Set and manage web development budget and resources
- Steering of web development projects including managing web portfolio, coordination of resources and delivery of project artifacts
- Establish, implement and update processes and workflows to meet customer needs and optimize team efficiency
- Implement scalable systems that meet business requirements
- Coordinate with outside vendors, as needed, to accomplish goals
- Enforce code standards and developmental best practices
- Lead team meetings and coordinate with product owners
- Clearly communicate project status to all stakeholders for all brand site projects and changes.
- Formulate, track, and execute new project plans across international teams.
- Facilitate maintenance requests and ongoing translation updates by prioritizing and validating specifications using Johnson Health Techs internal ticketing system.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Work closely with project owners to collect business objectives and requirements to clearly define and document the scope of projects and initiatives.
- Maintain and update relevant documentation to provide a guide for internal customers.
- Work to overcome obstacles to success and to build collaborative relationships with other teams.
- Ensure that planning meetings, daily updates, customer reviews and retrospective meetings are held consistently and are run effectively.
- Minimum of four-year degree computer science, information systems or related field OR equivalent experience; OR
- BA/BS in business with technical emphasis and experience managing technical teams; OR
- Equivalent project management experience
- Ability to enforce corporate code standards and review code where necessary
- Understand service-oriented architecture software design, including website scaling
- Deep understanding of agile development process
- 2+ years of relevant Project Management experience, preferably in a web development setting.
- Experience interfacing with customers and clients.
- Demonstrated experience in documenting public and/or internal APIs preferred but not required
- Possess a working knowledge of NodeJS, Python, PHP or similar programming languages preferred
Management & Leadership Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising staff and managing teams
- Demonstrated experiencing in working across departments to achieve company goals; influencing senior management; and leading and/or working in scrum/agile teams
- A passion for delivering efficient solutions and meet or exceed customer expectations
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs