|Thank you for considering SUNY Delhi in your search.About SUNY Delhi:
SUNY Delhi is an inclusive, student-centered campus that transforms student lives through hands-on learning, innovation, engaged faculty, and exceptional support services. A close-knit campus community set in the scenic foothills of the Catskill Mountains, Delhi is a leader within the SUNY system for applied learning and online programs that cater to a diverse student population of over 3,000 students in over 65 popular majors ranging from associate to master degrees. SUNY Delhi employs approximately 550 full-time, and part-time, faculty and staff to fulfill its mission of transforming lives.
SUNY Delhi currently offers over 50 student clubs and organizations, as well as 19 NCAA Division III athletic teams. SUNY Delhi has received national accolades for affordability, online education programs, and outstanding student success.
As the county seat for Delaware County, Delhi is a bustling village with eateries, shops, government offices, and more. SUNY Delhi is an integral part of the community, doubling its population when college is in session. The College offers an array of activities and programs throughout the year for faculty and staff, including a state-of-the-art fitness center, racquetball courts, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, track, basketball courts, indoor pool, sauna, golf simulator, and even an 18-hole golf course. SUNY Delhi employees enjoy unique perks, which include access to a student-run restaurant, Community Dog Wash Days, on-campus Butcher Shop, Automotive Repair Shop, and free Professional Development Workshops offered twice a year to help faculty and staff learn innovative teaching skills, earn certificates, get valuable training, and explore new interests. Most employees come for a visit and stay for a lifetime. To learn more about SUNY Delhi, visit www.delhi.edu.
SUNY Delhi seeks applications and nominations for the position of Provost and Vice President for Academic Programs and Services (VPAPS).
The Provost/VPAPS serves as the chief academic officer charged with envisioning, planning, developing, and maintaining excellence in academic programs and services. A key member of the President’s Leadership Team, the Provost/VPAPS participates in the development and implementation of the College’s strategic plan, and works closely with both academic and administrative areas of the College.
The Provost/VPAPS is responsible for providing the Academic leadership to ensure excellence in the College’s Curricula and teaching, the vitality of the College’s academic life, and the intellectual well-being of the students, faculty, and staff at SUNY Delhi.
The Provost/VPAPS advises the President on policies, operations, and serves as the chief executive in the absence of the President. This is a wonderful opportunity to lead a capable, energetic, and enthusiastic team of academic leaders, faculty, and staff.
The Provost/VPAPS develops and manages the budget for Academic Programs and Services, and directs the selection, supervision, and evaluation of all professional staff employed by the units within the Academic Programs and Services division, which include:
- Five (5) Academic Schools
- Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness
- Center for Educational Technology and Instruction
- Academic Achievement Center
- Career Services, Outreach & Workforce Development
- Registrar’s Office
- Institutional Research
- Grants and Sponsored Programs
- Enrollment Services (Admissions)
- Center for Excellence and Innovation for Teaching and Learning
The Provost/VPAPS works closely and collaborates with all members of the College Leadership Team to supervise and mentor the College Deans, and other academic officers, to ensure the programs at the college meet high standards of quality and fairness.
Candidates must have:
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution
- Higher education administrative experience with evidence of increasing responsibilities in a senior academic position
- Demonstrated experience supervising people, programs, and having been a member of a leadership team
- Experience with college enrollment services
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in higher education
- Experience in an applied learning setting
- Successful experience in academic administration, teaching, and service
- Documented success in working with today’s diverse college community
- This is a full-time, 12-month Management Confidential position reporting to the College President
- This position offers full NYS Management Confidential benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security Report (ASR) for SUNY Delhi online. The ASR contains information on campus security policies and certain campus crime statistics. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the ASR by contacting the SUNY Delhi University Police Department at 607-746-4700.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest that addresses each of the specific requirements of this position
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references, to include at least current or previous supervisor. (Note, references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge.)
For full consideration, please apply by March 13, 2020 (position to remain open until filled)
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer