Under the direction of the HQ Quality Manager/Engineering Manager, the Quality Engineer II is responsible for the root cause analysis of electrical/electronic problems from product field returns, root cause analysis of electrical/electronic problems at customer sites, leading cross functional research projects to improve product quality, and revising/implementing quality systems tools to be used by the global organization. This position will work with QA, R&D, Global SBU teams and our overseas manufacturing facility to implement the changes/improvements and to report the root cause of field issues. They will be responsible for managing the data and reporting this information.
- Work with members of the multiple departments, field technicians and customers to gather necessary information to help solve issues with product both internally and in the field
- May provide work direction to various technicians
- Ability to translate technical information to improve communication with less technical personnel
- Act as lead on cross functional research projects
Research & Development:
- Keep up to date on the latest electrical/electronic technologies and products.
- Develop test plans and reports for field and lab testing of key components and finished products.
- Root cause analysis of samples/problems from product field returns. Recommend changes/modifications to resolve the issues.
- Work with QA, R&D and our overseas manufacturing facility to implement the changes/modifications to resolve the issues
- Build prototypes and or test fixtures to test design changes
- Problem solver with an in depth understanding of electronics.
- Meets all project milestones and deadlines and manages reporting documentation
- Able to work within a team atmosphere alongside other department personnel as necessary to solve problems
- Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity
- Responsible for defining technical approaches to projects
- Works under minimal supervision, sets priorities and level of urgency for projects
- Utilize the basic tools of Six Sigma and principles of continuous improvement to solve problems and analyze data
- Understand key quality tools and systems to analyze data and suggest improvements where necessary.
Maintain Work Practices:
- Maintain work area to 5S standards as posted in work area
- Promote a positive team atmosphere with co-workers
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other Science/Technical Engineering is preferred
- 2 years minimum, 4 years preferred product design engineering, quality engineering or related engineering experience
- Experience working with Technical Support and Quality departments to troubleshoot and document issues
- Experience and or knowledge of embedded control systems and both AC and DC motor drive systems
- Experience with network hardware and setup a plus
- Experience with TV tuner signal analysis a plus
- Experience with product test plan development and management
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing facilities a plus
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office products; Word, Excel, and Outlook in particular
- Ability and willingness to travel both internationally and domestically (10-20% combined travel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills technical writing experience a plus
- Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to manage projects to completion and lead problem solving teams to solve issues
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous and often changing environment
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs