Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Traverse City, Michigan
$1,000.00 signing bonus!
Century, Inc., a leading precision manufacturing company in Traverse City, MI, is seeking a Quality Engineer to develop and maintain quality requirements for an Aerospace product line.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents, inspection sheets and reports.
- Develop inspection criteria (method, gaging, frequency)
- Perform needed capability studies of process and gaging
- Perform verification of Engineering prints to ensure conformance to final requirements
- Serve as the primary Quality representative for assigned customers or product line
- Provide support to Engineering and Operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and provide needed training to members.
- Analyze data for trends in quality related issues
- Lead Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup
- Lead PPAP and FMEA development
- Assist disposition process by involving in failure analysis and suggest corrective actions as Material Review Board member
- Lead or support third party audits from customers or registration bodies
- Perform internal audits of QMS and identified processes
- Work with suppliers to ensure processes meet our company’s quality standards
- Perform inbound inspection requirements
- Perform final verification of process prior to shipment
- Identify improvements within processes and QMS and implement needed actions
- Complete identified QMS projects to support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
- Perform training on specific items (Corrective Actions results, gaging, standard operating procedures)
- Verify that Quality Control Checks and Preventative Maintenance activities are being completed on time and correctly
- Work closely with shop personnel on development and process improvements
Soft Skills/ Competencies
- Readily identify and address issues, concerns, or conflicts constructively
- Capable of efficiently adapting to new situations
- Effective in juggling multiple priorities and tasks
- Work effectively within established time frames and priorities
- Communicate professionally with both internal and external customers
- Manage part development regarding quality responsibilities
- Work independently on tasks and responsibilities with little or no supervision
- Be able to effectively collaborate with team members at all levels
3 years of experience- Preferred
Come join a team of hardworking and dedicated individuals. Century can provide you will a lifelong career and advancement opportunities!
Century Inc. is a Veteran Owned Small Business and equal opportunity employer. All employees are required to pass physical, background and drug testing prior to employment.