Quality Inspection Manager – IPO
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
**This position would be based from home with travel**
Under the guidance of National Sales Manager, the Quality Manager acts as representative on all issues related to the continuous quality improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives.
As assigned, the Quality Manager will participate and/or lead continuous improvement projects with an emphasis developing a robust quality management system and instilling a preventative quality culture throughout the organization.
Defect reduction will focus on supplier corrective action requests and shall include the principles of the 8D problem solving methodologies including root cause analysis, containment, corrective action, verification and preventative measures to eliminate reoccurrence.
The Quality Manager is also someone who performs a variety of Quality Department duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement to increase productivity, streamline flow and contain costs
- Create audit plans for non-Johnson products
- Participate or lead Six Sigma projects
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Communicate defects that should be raised to a SCAR
- Assist Quality Engineers in defining and prioritizing SCARs
- Perform NPD (New Product Development) Process and all Quality requirements associated with it
- Perform MRB (Material Review Board) Process
- Implement Criteria alignment with JIS/JHT to conform to the same standards and specifications
- Review Inspection reports for accuracy and precision
- Participate and/or lead in defect reduction activities issued as supplier corrective action requests
- Utilize 8D problem solving methodology
- All SCARS closed for product cannel within 30 days
- Out of box defect percentage for products in channel less than 1%
- CoQ reduction
- Holds biweekly SCAR update meeting with factories. Send SCAR progress report to CTS Dir, Operations Manager, VP Sales, Director of Product Development
- Shares progress report at monthly business unit review
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed.
- Assist with Process creation for cross functionality
- Assist with annual inventory audits as needed
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering or equivalent in work experience
- ASQ CMQ/OE certification is preferred
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience manufacturing of quality assurance role
- Understanding of mechanical drawing basics and geometrical tolerances
- Understanding of basic statistics and applied use
- Consumer products experience is a plus
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience or training
- SAP experience preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is strongly recommended
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification is preferred
- Experience using inspection and measurement gauges
- Ability to make critical decisions
- In depth knowledge of AQL sampling procedures
- Excellent understanding of quality management tools and Microsoft office
- Excellent understanding of quality management systems and processes
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001:2000 requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond to changing priorities and multiple commitments
- Valid drivers license is required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of time.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs
- Relocation may also be offered