Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Porter , Texas
Montgomery County Emergency Services District #6 (ESD #6) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Quarter Master. This position is an exclusive, non- exempt, fulltime, paid position that reports to the Department Administrator. May consider Part time employment at hourly rate.
ESD # 6 is responsibility for providing emergency services in Porter. The district is a 52 square mile area of unincorporated Montgomery County that is home to some 40,000 residents. In 2017, the organization responded to 4500 requests for service.
ESD #6 is a full-service fire department, made up of 52 full-time, 10 part-time employees.
The organization operates out of three fire stations and has 23 apparatus.
The Quarter Master reports directly to the command staff. This position will have day-to-day operational responsibility over EMS/Fire supplies, Station supplies, Uniforms and Fire Gear.
As this position will have day-to-day operational responsibility of supplies used by all members of this organization, a close working relationship with officers is imperative. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Order, organize and maintain EMS supplies
• Product expiration dates and maintain accordingly.
• Maintain and order department Oxygen supplies
• Maintain and clean EMS supply areas in accordance with FDA standards.
• Utilize and monitor supplies via electronic supply system.
• Receive, quarantine, inspect, and distribute shipments.
• Maintain and organize general station supplies and prepare for delivery.
• Order, maintain and account for all department uniforms.
• Order, maintain and account for all department fire and rescue gear.
• Utilize and monitor uniforms and gear via electronic supply system.
• SCBA Fit testing.
• SCBA Repair
• Attend FEMA classes or other NIMS base courses as needed.
• Participate in the Finance, Planning or Logistics Branch during a disaster or EOC activation.
• Attend meetings and conferences as needed.
• Type and word process documents as needed.
• Update and maintain mailing lists.
• Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and customers.
• Facilitate or assist in special event planning and execution.
• Assist with various program operations as requested and as responsibilities permit.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain work area
• Maintain necessary education requirements through continuing education.
• Assist staff with administrative duties as requested
• Maintain inventory of training supplies
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following minimum standards:
• Must be 21 years or older.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Obtain a Texas Driver’s License within first month of employment and have a good driving record.
• Must be able to sit and stand for 8 hours
• Must be willing to work 12-hour shifts
• Must be willing to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Must be able to lift excessive weight
• Must have command of the English language
• Should possess good computer skills.
• Should be able to type 35-40 wpm.
• Good organizational skills.
• General knowledge of Fire service and medical equipment preferred
• Must be able to legally drive an emergency vehicle at the Class B Level
This position is considered a full-time (40 hours) hourly position, primarily working normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5PM. However, on occasion, the need to be available by phone at night and on the weekends will arise. Also, due to the continuous operation of the organization, there will be instances where normal business hours will need to be exchanged for after business hours based upon the needs of the organization. For example, the candidate would need to report to a specific district facility and meet with members on issue that may arise after hours. In this case, the candidate will either qualify to leave early at the end of the work week based upon the amount of after business hours obtained, or may qualify for approved overtime.
• Salary range: $35,000 – $45,000 depending on qualifications
• Up to $ 950 towards Health, Dental and Vision.
• 457 retirement plan 10% of base salary
• Personal Time Off (PTO) – accrued at department standard