Recruiter for Academy
Job category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Under the general direction of the Academy Operations Manager, supports community outreach and recruitment efforts for HBI programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Attend job fairs to speak with employers and organizations that may be a source of student recruitment.
- Staff HBI booths and tables for community and government-sponsored events.
- Assist with aspects of the pre-screening process for prospective students.
- Assist with other programmatic features involving employers and community organizations, as needed.
- Develop recruiting strategies for existing program goal outcomes and responsible for the coordinating of all recruitment efforts.
- Employ creative recruiting techniques including internet ad placement, job fairs, community and partnership recruiting, referrals, networking and cold calling/direct sourcing of passive candidates:
- Develop internal procedures related to student recruiting efforts.
- Develop and maintain a broad range of external networks, research and source new recruiting avenues.
- Develop an effective pipeline of future and current potential students for program needs to reach contractual goals.
- Create and publish professional recruiting material and advertising in collaboration with HBI’s marketing and communication department as needed.
- Conduct screening interviews to determine if candidates meet minimum qualifications for participation in program and have a desire to enter the construction trades.
- Administer a variety of student related screenings: work style/behaviors assessments, background checks, employment and education verifications, criminal checks, pre-employment drug testing and driving records if applicable.
- Manage the scheduling and logistics of all interviews for potential candidates that align with program needs for enrollment.
- Extend offers of participation to selected candidates under the direction of program guidelines.
- Manage the initial assessment process for potential candidates meeting the enrollment requirements and communicate status to Operation manager.
- Manage candidate data and tracking progress in applicant tracking system. Maintains accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring manager interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required.
- Conduct potential student candidate interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to coordinate the candidate’s availability to enroll with the training schedule.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Promote construction trades as in demand employment opportunities and a sustainable career choice to interested program participants.
- Accurately and compliantly communicate the program objectives to prospective students.
- Forecast new students who will be in enrolled to accurately account for program capacity
- Input all activity into data management system in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal: Operation Manager, Regional Career Development Coordinator, Marketing and Communication Department, onsite HBI staff
External: Employers, community services contacts, government officials, and students
Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proactive student recruiting and sourcing experience required.
- Ability to compile statistical information into reports
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using various databases and online tools to source applicants and potential students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff in various organizations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team setting
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.