Regional Manager, Serving Together
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Full Time
Rockville , Maryland
Want to make a difference? Come be a part of the amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing!
EveryMind is hiring a Regional Manager to join our ServingTogether program in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia (DMV). This individual is responsible for leading and conducting outreach and engagement efforts to strengthen ServingTogether’s mission to the military and veteran community within the DMV region. The Regional Manager will develop relationships with key stakeholders (federal, state, local) to identify existing programs and organizations providing services and information to the military and veteran community in the DMV. The Manager will collaborate with community partners; coordinate meetings, forums, and briefings; coordinate community-based collaboratives and coalitions and engage existing and new service providers.
Why Join EveryMind?
EveryMind is a growing private independent nonprofit organization with 160 employees across 20 locations. We have served the community for almost 65 years by strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. We were recognized as a Top Place to work in Montgomery County, Maryland by Bethesda Magazine. EveryMind is consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work, offering a positive workplace culture and a competitive compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework balance.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- A Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule (Vacation, Sick, Wellness Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much more)
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Discount Program
- A Great Place to Work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including health and human services providers, utilizing strong communication and engagement strategies in Manager’s region.
- Create and implement an effective outreach plan, using strategies to increase trust and rapport among service members, veterans, and their families.
- Provide feedback and reporting to department leadership on program implementation and outcomes, analyzing trends, successes, and areas for improvement.
- Conduct intakes and comprehensive psychosocial interview with service members, veterans, and their families to successfully connect clients to the ServingTogether Coordination Center, including accurately documenting notes and required forms into ServingTogether’s reporting case management tools and software.
- Lead collaboratives and other community coalitions by bringing together public and private partners to strengthen service delivery for the military-connected community.
- Effectively communicate with regional health and human service providers to ensure completion of services and discuss performance enhancement opportunities.
- Represent EveryMind in key task forces, groups related to the military-connected community to raise ServingTogether awareness and be up to date with current trends in gaps.
- Provide educational trainings and workshops, including Mental Health First Aid, to the community.
- Manages aspects of ServingTogether budget based on Manager’s specific role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in human services or a related field.
- Experience providing outreach and engagement is required.
- Familiarity with military and veteran population and related services is required. Strong public speaking skills are required.
- Experience with partnership development and relationship building is required.
- Experience supervising and managing volunteers or interns is preferred. Experience with database management and external communications are also critical.
- Transitioning service members, veterans, and spouses encouraged to apply.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to manage multiple tasks while working effectively as a team player. Must have strong communication, coordination, and organizational skills. In addition, strong presentation and group facilitation skills is preferred. Provide excellent customer service to those seeking assistance. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Teams, and other technology platforms. Proficient with data collection and reporting procedures. Critical thinking, strategic analysis, resourcefulness, and independent thinking are essential to the position.
Effectively interact and work collaboratively in a flexible work environment with a variety of constituents including CEO, board members, clients and family members or caretakers, interns, volunteers, paid staff, and community partners. Ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity. Must be able to maintain confidentiality involving clients in accordance with organizational and federal guidelines. Familiarity with working and hiring interns and volunteers. Able to supervise multiple people.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job’s duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, or talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds frequently. The job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is also required to travel to different locations. Therefore, the employee must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.